Anal Pregnancy?

Questions and discussion for those who are or have been pregnant (or have pregnant partners), parenting or about options with an unintended pregnancy.
No pregnancy scare posts here, please.
Forum rules
This area of the boards is for:
• People (or their partners) who are or have been actually pregnant: not might be, not worry they are, but who have verified a pregnancy with a home pregnancy test, a test from a clinic, a doctor's exam or with birth or a termination
• People (or their partners) who are pregnant looking for help and support choosing between remaining pregnant and then choosing to parent or arrange an adoption, or terminating a pregnancy with an abortion
• People looking for help or support after making any of those choices, or making them with a partner
• People looking for various kinds of information about pregnancy, and options with pregnancy, including things like healthcare and birth choices
• People wanting help with parenting, particularly around sexuality or relationship issues

Please do NOT post pregnancy scares here, or "Am I pregnant?"-s. If and when you are currently or have been pregnant, especially unintendedly, having someone talk about their fears who is clearly not pregnant, or who is not even willing to take a test to find out can feel deeply maddening and frustrating. Talking about a pregnancy fear as if it were an actual pregnancy is also deeply disrespectful to people dealing with actual pregnancies.

If you have questions about if you should seek out emergency contraception, take a pregnancy test, how methods of contraception work, or what things you have chosen to do may or may not have presented pregnancy risks, those questions belong in another forum, such as the Sexual Health forum, the Bodies forum or the Ask Us forum. Thank you!
idk anymore
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a pretty good sense of humor
Primary language: English
Preferred pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity and orientation: Pan, mostly

Anal Pregnancy?

Unread post by idk anymore »

So the wonderful world of the internet has informed me that you could potentially get someone pregnant from anal sex. I did more digging and I've seen a lot of mixed answers. I thought I'd ask you since y'all are my most trusted source. If if come into someone elses ass, could it potentially get someone pregnant? Yes, yes I know, I should always use a condom unless I am actively trying to conceive, as it helps prevent the spread of stds, and all that. But suppose I did... Could I end up getting my counterpart pregnant?
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Preferred pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity and orientation: queer

Re: Anal Pregnancy?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi idk anymore,

Technically, anal intercourse poses a low risk of pregnancy (especially compared to vaginal intercourse). The reason for this, to quote Heather in this article (https://www.scarleteen.com/article/advi ... and_is_not), is, "During sex, when we're all aroused, things usually get mightily slippery down there. So, if you're a receptive partner to anal sex, when your partner ejaculates, that ejaculate will run out of the anus, and sometimes can easily slide down the perineum to the vaginal opening. That can create a pregnancy."
idk anymore
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a pretty good sense of humor
Preferred pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity and orientation: Pan, mostly

Unread post by idk anymore »

I see, thanks for all you help!
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman
EdSnow
not a newbie
Preferred pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity and orientation: bisexual

Unread post by EdSnow »

Oh, I really thought there's another explanation about this anal sex getting pregnant topic. Fortunately, it's the best acceptable explanation I've read so far. Thank you Sam!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic