Anal Pregnancy?

Questions and discussion about pregnancy, pregnancy options and/or any part of parenting.
Forum rules
IF YOU ARE POSTING TO ASK IF YOU SHOULD USE EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTION:

Please do not wait on us if you may need or want EC (like the morning-after pill). Because it is most effective the sooner it is taken or administered, we suggest that you go ahead and get it, and if you want to talk to someone about whether or not you choose to use it, we can do that with you after. That way, you have it ASAP if you do decide you want or need to use it. <3
idk anymore
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a pretty good sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Pan, mostly

Anal Pregnancy?

Unread post by idk anymore »

So the wonderful world of the internet has informed me that you could potentially get someone pregnant from anal sex. I did more digging and I've seen a lot of mixed answers. I thought I'd ask you since y'all are my most trusted source. If if come into someone elses ass, could it potentially get someone pregnant? Yes, yes I know, I should always use a condom unless I am actively trying to conceive, as it helps prevent the spread of stds, and all that. But suppose I did... Could I end up getting my counterpart pregnant?
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Anal Pregnancy?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi idk anymore,

Technically, anal intercourse poses a low risk of pregnancy (especially compared to vaginal intercourse). The reason for this, to quote Heather in this article (https://www.scarleteen.com/article/advi ... and_is_not), is, "During sex, when we're all aroused, things usually get mightily slippery down there. So, if you're a receptive partner to anal sex, when your partner ejaculates, that ejaculate will run out of the anus, and sometimes can easily slide down the perineum to the vaginal opening. That can create a pregnancy."
idk anymore
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a pretty good sense of humor
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Pan, mostly

Unread post by idk anymore »

I see, thanks for all you help!
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman
EdSnow
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual

Unread post by EdSnow »

Oh, I really thought there's another explanation about this anal sex getting pregnant topic. Fortunately, it's the best acceptable explanation I've read so far. Thank you Sam!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic