Crop tops and shoulderless tops as a trans gal?

Questions and discussions about gender, gender roles and identity.
KittyPink
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I do art.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Xe/Xir or She/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian, switch, polyam, rope addict.

Crop tops and shoulderless tops as a trans gal?

Unread post by KittyPink »

Like I want to wear these kinds of tops, but I'm afraid I'll just look weird or that my shoulders will be really big. Any help? (I feel confident in wearing them, I'm just afraid I'll end up looking super masculine in them.)
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Ruby S
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make a mean grilled cheese.
Primary language: English + ASL.
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer!

Re: Crop tops and shoulderless tops as a trans gal?

Unread post by Ruby S »

Hi, KittyPink! Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I definitely understand the fear of looking out of place. It's so great that you feel confident wearing shoulderless/crop tops, and that alone gives you the right to wear them. I would suggest that if you have a support group or some individuals you can trust, let them know that you feel a little insecure and could use some reassurance whenever you wear those clothing items. One of my favorite ways to build my confidence when wearing something is to put it on, put my headphones in, and dance around in the mirror while admiring how great I look.
Keep telling yourself that you are confident, strong, and hot as hell! You require no one's approval but your own.
Here's an article we wrote on gender expression through clothing: Trans Summer School: Gender Expression Gear
KittyPink
not a newbie

rubyted wrote:Hi, KittyPink! Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I definitely understand the fear of looking out of place. It's so great that you feel confident wearing shoulderless/crop tops, and that alone gives you the right to wear them. I would suggest that if you have a support group or some individuals you can trust, let them know that you feel a little insecure and could use some reassurance whenever you wear those clothing items. One of my favorite ways to build my confidence when wearing something is to put it on, put my headphones in, and dance around in the mirror while admiring how great I look.
Keep telling yourself that you are confident, strong, and hot as hell! You require no one's approval but your own.
Here's an article we wrote on gender expression through clothing: Trans Summer School: Gender Expression Gear
Thanks, I've been going through a lot lately and been having a lot of realizations and stuff. (And now I'm smiling, which is always good.)
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
KittyPink
not a newbie

KittyPink wrote:
rubyted wrote:Hi, KittyPink! Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I definitely understand the fear of looking out of place. It's so great that you feel confident wearing shoulderless/crop tops, and that alone gives you the right to wear them. I would suggest that if you have a support group or some individuals you can trust, let them know that you feel a little insecure and could use some reassurance whenever you wear those clothing items. One of my favorite ways to build my confidence when wearing something is to put it on, put my headphones in, and dance around in the mirror while admiring how great I look.
Thanks, I've been going through a lot lately and been having a lot of realizations and stuff. (And now I'm smiling, which is always good.)
Now, my main problem would be actually finding crop tops that fit my body type well. (I'm short, with slight hips and a slight waist, with a little bit of pizza rolls when slouching.)

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic