FtM at home

Questions and discussions about gender, gender roles and identity.
aven1861
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am a SFX artist
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: polysexual masc romantic

FtM at home

Unread post by aven1861 »

Hi! So My best friend is trans and I care for him dearly. He deals with a lot of things like living in an abusive household, mental health struggles and horrible dysphoria. There's no way that his parents will let him transition before the age of 18 but I really want to do something to help him. Are there any supplements that would boost what ever testosterone that is in his body already? I am completely aware that you do need a doctor to transition and that and over the counter meds would not do a lot. This is mostly to give some hope and make him feel even just a little better. I was reading that fenugreek may help to boost testosterone. Would that work?
Thanks,
Wren
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: FtM at home

Unread post by Mo »

I'm so glad you're trying to look out for your friend and you're thinking of ways to help him. With family that isn't supportive and an abusive environment, that support is probably very valuable to him. There really isn't anything we can recommend in terms of supplements, though; even over the counter herbs or supplements can be dangerous if someone takes too many of them, and it's unlikely that there's something that would safely boost his testosterone in a way that would be noticeable. I wish we had something to suggest, but sadly it really is something he'll need to see a doctor about. I'm really sorry to hear that he's in such an abusive and stressful home situation; that sounds very difficult. I'm glad he has a friend like you wanting to support him.

If you think it would be helpful at all, you could pass on our information to him in case he'd like to talk about his family situation or anything else with us.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic