Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
- not a newbie
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:46 pm
- Age: 21
- Awesomeness Quotient: I'm creative!!
- Primary language: English
- Preferred pronouns: She/her
- Sexual identity and orientation: Straight and cis
- Location: South dakota
So I'm currently a little late on my period but my cycle is very irregular or (previously, as of 5 months ago) nonexistent due to the mirena IUD. I took a pregnancy test today, 16 days after I last had sex, and it was negative. I've said this on here before but my partner and I also use condoms very carefully every time we do anything. My question is that even with a missing period, my breasts are pretty swollen and a little tender. This is something I get often before my period, but since I'm late I'm not sure if this period related or not. What else could cause swollen breasts? I took the test correctly and was careful about taking it first thing in the morning too.
- not a newbie
- Posts: 390
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:17 pm
- Age: 28
- Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
- Preferred pronouns: they/them
- Sexual identity and orientation: queer
- Location: Colorado
Hi there Jellyfish,
It looks like we've answered this question for you on text, but feel free to post again if you have a new question for us!
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully