pain from sex

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
SamanthaXYZ
Awesomeness Quotient: no match for you
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: straight

pain from sex

Unread post by SamanthaXYZ »

I am trying to find an answer to this and I am crossing my fingers that somebody on here can tell me anything. I had sexual intercourse back on Sunday, and it was our second try together but we got it in, lol! First time for me, but nothing new for him and I preferred that. No regrets for either of us. Sex for me was sort of painful, pain was in the far back of my vagina, mostly a burning feeling. From what I found online the pain could be coming from my cervix. My worry is that it's been 49 hours now and I am still in some pain, a burning feeling but not as bad as it was at first. We used durex extra sensitive extra lubricated condoms but we didn't use lube because we thought the condoms would do the trick. I did like a check on myself and felt around but I don't feel anything different and no blood is coming out. Is this pain a normal response? Will is dissipate in a couple days? If it is my cervix is it anything that I should worry about?
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: pain from sex

Unread post by al »

Hi SamanthaXYZ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're in pain!
I can't say for sure why you're experiencing this pain, because I'm not a doctor and this is the internet, but if I had to bet, it would be general soreness from either not taking things slowly enough, not being aroused enough, not using lube, or some combination of the three. Pain is definitely not a normal response to intercourse - when the vulva/vagina/cervix respond with pain, they're signaling that something's not right. From Ow to Wow!: Demystifying Painful Intercourse has a lot of good info about causes of pain either during or after intercourse.
If that's the case, in all likelihood the pain will go away in the next day or so. Usually it means that the tissues have been irritated or the muscles are sore, and things like time and rest are what help them heal and feel better. But if it gets any worse, doesn't go away in the next day or two, or is accompanied by any other symptoms (like burning when you pee, unusual discharge, or bleeding), definitely check in with a healthcare provider about it!
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic