Transporting condoms and lube

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
TheNiteHawk
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My lust for knowledge will never be satisfied.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Heterosexual Male

Transporting condoms and lube

Unread post by TheNiteHawk »

Hello everyone, I haven't posted to the boards in awhile.

Next month, I will be travelling across the United States for my new job. I have my orientation in another state than the one I live in, and then my employer will send me to a job site in probably another state. I'll stay there until that job is completed, and then move onto the next job site, which most likely will be in yet another state. I'm excited, but also (understandably) nervous.

I'll be traveling to different parts of the country in different weather. Everything I'll be taking with me I'll be loading into my truck, this includes my sex toys, condoms, and lube. All my sex toys are silicone, so I'm not worried about those, but I am worried about my condoms and lube. Obviously, keeping condoms in places with extreme temperatures (hot and cold) isn't good for them. And I don't know how such temperatures will affect lube, although one of my bottles has 44F-77F written on it, the other doesn't have a temperature range labeled.

Is there a good way to transport condoms and lube in varying temperatures? I could keep them in the cab with me and that would keep the temperature at a nominal level, unless I get out and it gets hot or cold. A cooler, perhaps, at least when it's warm? I don't know if I'll always be using one or if that will get too cold, and that doesn't really help when it's cold out. Or should I just buy some condoms when I get to where I'm staying?
Enemy to those who make him an enemy; friend to those who have no friends.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Transporting condoms and lube

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi TheNiteHawk,

Congrats on the exciting new job stuff! It sounds like your lube will probably be okay for the duration of the trip, although if you want to err on the side of caution you can stick it in whatever bag comes inside with you when you stay at places like hotels, so it's not living in the car. With condoms, it sounds like the least stressful option might be the one you suggest: buying a fresh pack of condoms when you reach a new location. Or, you could stick it in the same bag as the lube and figure that bags lives inside wherever you're staying rather than in the car.
TheNiteHawk
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My lust for knowledge will never be satisfied.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Heterosexual Male

Re: Transporting condoms and lube

Unread post by TheNiteHawk »

Thanks for the reply, Sam!

That's probably the best idea. I'm going to keep my lube in my suitcase, and buy new condoms when I get to where I'm going. I'm planning on stopping at a few places along the way, so I'll be leaving them in my truck for awhile, and I'd rather not risk it.
Enemy to those who make him an enemy; friend to those who have no friends.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic