is this normal? health questions

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
junescats123
Awesomeness Quotient: sense of humour
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: lesbian

is this normal? health questions

Unread post by junescats123 »

hi, i (15f) think i mentioned this in a different thread about something else but i don’t ever get wet, even when aroused. i usually finish when i masturbate, and even then i’m still fully dry the whole way through. i still have discharge etc. though. is this healthy? does this just happen to some women?

also i cant masturbate in the typical way because i can’t physically get my fingers inside myself. i also physically cannot put in :| a tampon. it hurts too much. are some people just not… deep enough? i may have endometriosis too since my mom has it and i have a lot of symptoms so could that be a possible cause as well?
junescats123
Awesomeness Quotient: sense of humour
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: lesbian

p.s

Unread post by junescats123 »

ignore the emoji that was an accident
Emily N
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to cook!
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: pansexual

Re: is this normal? health questions

Unread post by Emily N »

Hi junescats123,

There is a wide range of “wetness” people with vulvas experience while aroused - not only between people, but it varies for each person depending on the day or experience! If you are uncomfortable during masturbation, you can try using lube (either purchased, or some people use coconut oil if their skin isn’t sensitive to it).

Lube can also help if you are interested in penetration during masturbation - without enough lubrication, it can definitely be painful to try penetration. Of course, if you aren’t comfortable with penetration, you shouldn’t force yourself! There is no “typical” way to masturbate, and it’s 1000% valid to masturbate without penetration. And yes, it’s possible that endometriosis could make penetration more painful - but since I’m not a medical professional and don’t personally have experience with endometriosis, I don’t have any good advice for addressing it. Have you been able to talk with your mom or to a doctor about your concerns?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic