Can't orgasm when masturbating

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
ac431
Awesomeness Quotient: My memory
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Can't orgasm when masturbating

Unread post by ac431 »

Hey guys. So, I recently started masturbating because you know, we all do that, and while I have gotten to a point where I feel huge amounts of pleasure during the act, I was not able to climax. As some background information, I am a cisgender female, and I have this concern because when I used a certain masturbation technique (rubbing my clitoris and vulva with four of my fingers in a circular motion) I reached a point where I felt so good and my vagina was soaking wet to the point where a little of the fluid trickled onto my legs. To be clear, at that point my breathing got very heavy, my heart rate was crazy high, I was moaning loudly and I felt super warm throughout my body, my palms were even sweating. But one thing was missing: the vaginal contractions that constitute a typical orgasm. So, I tried rubbing harder, and I still didn't feel them. A few days later, when I tried again with the same technique, I still got the same result. What can I do so that I orgasm solely from manual (hand) stimulation? Thanks!
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Can't orgasm when masturbating

Unread post by Carly »

Hey ac431 -- questions like this can be a bit difficult to answer because our bodies are all so different. What feels great for someone may not feel so great for someone else. For that reason, I can't really give you specific directions that will direct you to orgasm that are guaranteed to work. This resource and this resource have collected some ways that people can masturbate, maybe there's something that works better for you in here?
ac431
Awesomeness Quotient: My memory
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Unread post by ac431 »

Hey Carly. You're right, we all do have different bodies. Sexual conditions and likes/dislikes do vary from person to person (I should have realized that before posting this haha) So, I can see why you can't give me specific directions. I'll be sure to check the links you gave me for more info. Thanks!
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Carly »

Hey again -- no worries, there's no pressure to realize anything before anyone posts here. We're happy to walk you through questions. Welcome to the boards! :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic