loss of virginity

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
saturdaysun
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I keep pictures of all my friends on my wall
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her, they/them
Sexual identity: Bisexual

loss of virginity

Unread post by saturdaysun »

I know losing virginity isn't necessarily supposed to be painful, etc, etc, but when I lost my virginity it was sort of painful? Like...he was bigger than I expected and even though I know I was physically aroused, that didn't really change the pain when he broke/tore/etc my hymen. He was really nice about it and asked me what I wanted/needed the whole time, but I wanted to have sex and so he just held me for a minute or two after he popped my hymen (and we both heard a popping noise and sort of felt it). I didn't really bleed, and I spotted for a day or two after. It was definitely pleasurable after a few minutes, but it was painful at first, and he told me when we talked about it after that I was "practically crying" when he broke my hymen (I just remember telling him it hurt). Is this normal? Is it anything I should be worried about?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: loss of virginity

Unread post by Mo »

Hi there, I know we talked about this in chat today but if you have further questions or want to go over any related questions, feel free to reply here and we can continue that conversation! :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic