My breasts hurt in the middle of the pill chart

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
JuliaGallo
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My sense of humor
Primary language: Portuguese or englis
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bissexual

My breasts hurt in the middle of the pill chart

Unread post by JuliaGallo »

Hi!
So, I have about nine days left of pills in my pill chart and have been experiencing sore breasts for about three days now. Does this means my contraception is not working?
Also, I did took some antibiotics earlier this month but my gino assured me it didn’t interfere with my pill (notheless I was still worried and didn’t had any sex during and a week after taking the antibiotics), but could it still be the cause for this?
Lastly I did get a very light withdrawal bleeding (it was just a little bit havier then spotting), and got about three pregnancy tests done (one a day before it was suposed to come, one a day after it was late and a third one about for days after it was late) they were all negative but now I’m worried I might be pregnant and need to test again. Should I? (Oh, my boyfriend and I always use condoms, although one or two times we did started the sex without it but quickly put it on after I think this might be worth noting).
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: My breasts hurt in the middle of the pill chart

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi JuliaGallo,

Nope, sore breasts do not indicate the pill has stopped working. Breast tenderness can have all sorts of causes, including things like where you are in your cycle and the side effects of certain medications. And, given everything else you've said, there's no reason to assume they're a sign of pregnancy.

Since you use two methods of birth control, and you've had multiple negative tests, it's safe to say you're not pregnant. Do you have a sense of why, even with the negative tests and assurance from your OB-GYN, you're still anxious about this being a sign of pregnancy?
JuliaGallo
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My sense of humor
Primary language: Portuguese or englis
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bissexual

Unread post by JuliaGallo »

Thank you so much for the quick response!
I’ve been struggling with anorexia for about nine years now and since the beginning of the pandemic my anxiety har gotten worse.
I am very afraid of the body changes that a pregnancy would imply so I get very aware of every minimal signal my body might show, my psychologist and I are addressing this but there is still a long way to go.
Your response was a great help though! I am truly grateful.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

I'm glad the response was helpful, and that you're working with your psychologist to address these fears. That's a great step in taking care of yourself!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic