Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:53 pm
- Age: 16
- Awesomeness Quotient: my confidence
- Primary language: english
- Preferred pronouns: she/her
- Sexual identity and orientation: female + straight
- Location: england
I lost my virginity 3 days ago. I experienced bleeding straight after and for a bit of the next day. I have now had brown discharge since and I don’t know if this is normal?
My boyfriend used a condom and pulled out
- scarleteen staff/volunteer
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:28 pm
- Age: 25
- Awesomeness Quotient: I love to cook!
- Primary language: English
- Preferred pronouns: she/they
- Sexual identity and orientation: pansexual
- Location: Boston, MA
Sometimes bleeding happens after sex due to tearing or abrasions of the vagina or cervix. If sex hurts, you can use lubrication and ask your partner to slow down/be gentler (the myth that sex is supposed to hurt the first time is not true - sex shouldn’t hurt!) This article gives more details on what can cause bleeding after sex, and how to prevent it in the future: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/advi ... ntercourse
It’s possible that the brown discharge is due to dried or remaining blood, similar to the end of periods. Are you still bleeding? Do you have any other symptoms or pain? How are you doing apart from the bleeding?