Masturbation and crisis about it

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
Nemesis.bastard
Primary language: Spanish
Pronouns: He/She/They
Sexual identity: Genderfluid, Demisexual

Masturbation and crisis about it

Unread post by Nemesis.bastard »

Oof, okay, a friend told me to try asking for advices in here, and here's the thing:
I'm seriously thinking about buying a dildo, i feel really panicked about that since i'm going to turn 17 in a few days and i never been on a sex shop or something, i feel panicked because i really want a sexual toy because i really want to enjoy my body and that... but i don't trust any family member for telling one of them if they can help, i wanted to ask for help about this because i don't know if it's ok or not, i just feel like a horny spoiled child
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Masturbation and crisis about it

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there, welcome to the boards. :)

Ideally, you obviously don't want any of this to be something associated with panic, since the goal is comfort and pleasure. What do you feel like you need in order to feel more relaxed instead of panicked?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Nemesis.bastard
Primary language: Spanish
Pronouns: He/She/They
Sexual identity: Genderfluid, Demisexual

Unread post by Nemesis.bastard »

Security, i guess, i don't want to feel judged, i'm afraid of getting caught and that
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Unread post by Siân »

Do you think that your family would judge you or react badly? Would you have somewhere to keep it and use it that was fairly private?

For what it's worth, there is absolutely nothing wrong or shameful about wanting to explore and enjoy your body, or using sex toys to do that. In fact, I'd say it sounds kinda exciting!

We can talk if you want about ways you might be able to get a sex toy if you like, but we also have this article about other things you can safely use as sex toys: D.I.Y. Sex Toys: Self-Love Edition
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic