problems finishing… possible clitoral atrophy ?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
ghxxldrxxl
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: gay

problems finishing… possible clitoral atrophy ?

Unread post by ghxxldrxxl »

i’m a teen girl (16) and i haven’t been able to finish. for a while now i haven’t been masturbating by hand, only with my bathtub faucet. now, i tried to masturbate with my hand yesterday and i couldn’t finish. this happened again tonight as well. whenever i’m close to finishing, it’s as if my clitoris gets small and numb, and my vagina stops being wet, and gets irratated from the dryness. every time i go to masturbate using the bath faucet, i always finish. im seeing my girlfriend this weekend and i’m worried i won’t be able to perform in bed. i’ve read about clitoral atrophy and vaginal atrophy, and i’m starting to freak out. what could be causing this, and how can i fix it ?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: problems finishing… possible clitoral atrophy ?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi ghxxldrxxl,

Given that you can still experience pleasure and orgasm from the faucet, I would say vaginal or clitoral atrophy isn't the culprit here. Too, given that this has only happened twice, it may not even be that you won't be able to masturbate with your hands in the future. Our bodies can be finnicky, and sometimes a way if masturbating that brought us pleasure previously just doesn't do it for us on other days.

Did you masturbate with the faucet very close to when you then tried with your hands? And in terms of the dryness, are you able to get a hold of some lube?

As far as seeing your girlfriend, having a good sexual experience together is about way more than being able to orgasm (in fact, plenty of people have satisfying sexual experiences where one or both of them doesn't orgasm). Communicating about what feels good to each of you (even if that good feeling isn't related to orgasm) is one of the biggest factors in enjoyable sex. Does that make sense?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic