depo shot experiences

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
omnomnonny
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: i work hard
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

depo shot experiences

Unread post by omnomnonny »

this is my first year starting the depo shot and i’m only on my second shot so far, so i’m fairly unfamiliar to all the side effects and stuff. i know that it can affect your periods and since my last shot, i’ve been consistently spotting for over 2 months.

aside from that i’ve been feeling really bloated and getting weird hunger pangs even though i’m eating my normal amount. i’m assuming this is all because of the shot since that was the only new thing i introduced to my body, but i wanted to start a thread where others could share their experiences so i could learn a little and maybe not feel so alone :)
sunadonis
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him, It/It's
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: depo shot experiences

Unread post by sunadonis »

Hello! I was on depo before I had a hysterectomy so I can at least speak on it.

I'm unsure of your age and you of course have no obligation to tell but 1) it might still be puberty working it's way through you or 2) it's the shot. My first shot wasn't too bad but I had to go on it as opposed to a pill (not consist enough) or IUD (tilted cervix). It definitely does get better with time! I remember not having a period for three months and it was great because I was a heavy bleeder. But be careful not to miss a dose or else you'll have a really really heavy period fyi
Dmitri | 23 | He/It Pronouns
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic