period without blood?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
oki
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: ace/pan

period without blood?

Unread post by oki »

the past weeks i’ve had cramps, skin breakouts and increased sex drive, but i’m not on my period. the last time i had it it was only a week after the time before that again, so it’s been a month and a half since i had my period. i thought it started a few days ago, since i found some blood, but i didn’t bleed more than that
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: period without blood?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Oki,

Are your cycles generally irregular? Or is this the first time something like this has happened?
oki
Sexual identity: ace/pan

Unread post by oki »

i’ve has periods for about 6-7 years but i’ve never had an early period before, it’s usually regular but it has skipped a month or three before. i think this is the first time i’ve felt like i’m on my period in every way except bleeding
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Got it. So, it's likely that this is just the result of some variation in your cycle and not cause for concern. However, if you notice the cramps getting worse and they're clearly not tied to your period, then you might want to check in with a healthcare provider to make sure they're not being caused by something that needs addressing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic