Jacob and Al's Intergalactic Intersectionality Adventure Part 3: A Personal Take (or..."Are we like pies?")
So, to explore that, we (Jacob & Al) decided we would have to get specific, we would have to get personal, and we would have to write about ourselves. Part 3 is a conversation between two people who somehow find themselves asking, "Are we like pies?"
If you'd like to read the text-based article version of this piece click here.
In conclusion, Jacob and Al are not like pies. They, like you, are complicated and unique (and also a bit like a sandwich and a bit like a beach hut).
That also concludes all three parts of our Intersectionality series. Thank you for reading. Remember: mistakes are awesome, today’s sandwich is different from tomorrow’s, leave space for growth, stand up for justice and listen, listen, listen.
- Jacob & Al
All of the intersectionality series:
- Intersectionality Part 1: Everything Counts and It’s Gloriously Messy
- Intersectionality Part 2: Putting It Into Action!
- Intersectionality Part 3: A Personal Take (or "Are we like pies?") Article Version - Webcomic Version
- Kimberlé Crenshaw on intersectionality: “I wanted to come up with an everyday metaphor that anyone could use”
Further Reading from Scarleteen: On activism, identity, community, relationships and other intersections
- Activism 101
- Be Your Own Superhero: Learning How and When to Stand Up for Ourselves
- Disability Dharma: What Including & Learning From Disability Can Teach (Everyone) About Sex
- Connecting with WOC and Sexuality
- My Boyfriend is Trans, but not out yet. How do I support him?
- Building Bridges: Sexual Orientation Shifts
- The Rainbow Connection: Orientation for Everyone
- Living without Labels
- Q is for Questioning
- Trans Summer School: What's the Deal With Gender?
- Hair, There and Everywhere