What is consent?
* Consent is a voluntary, sober, imaginative, enthusiastic, creative, wanted, informed, mutual, honest, and verbal agreement
* Consent is an active agreement: Consent cannot be coerced
* Consent is a process, which must be asked for every step of the way; if you want to move to the next level of sexual intimacy, just ask
* Consent is never implied and cannot be assumed, even in the context of a relationship. Just because you are in a relationship does not mean that you have permission to have sex with your partner
* A person who is intoxicated cannot legally give consent. If you’re too drunk to make decisions and communicate with your partner, you’re too drunk to consent
* The absence of a “no” doesn’t mean “yes”
* Both people should be involved in the decision to have sex
* Consent is an important part of healthy sexuality
* It is not sexy to have sex without consent!!
What is sexy?
* Challenging myths about sex and consent, such as the stud vs. slut stereotype
* Communicating with your partner about sex
* To know and be able to communicate the type of sexual relationship you want
* Knowing how to protect yourself and your partner against pregnancy and STIs
* Acknowledging that you and your partner(s) have sexual needs and desires: Yes, it is okay for women and men to both want and enjoy sex
* Knowing your personal beliefs and values and respecting your partner’s personal beliefs and values
* Confidence and self-esteem
* Challenges stereotypes that rape is a women’s issue
* Challenging sexism
Why is consent sexy?
* Communication, respect, and honesty make sex and relationships better
* Asking for and obtaining consent shows that you have respect for both yourself and your partner
* Positive views on sex and sexuality are empowering
* Questions traditional views about gender and sexuality
* Eliminates the entitlement that one partner feels over the other. Neither your body nor your sexuality belongs to someone else
* It is normal and healthy for women to expect to be included in the consent process
* What do you think makes consent sexy?