Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Long Distance Relationships

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Long Distance Relationships
catsmeow
Neophyte
Member # 13723

Icon 9 posted      Profile for catsmeow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my fiance have been together for 2 years, and I love him with all my heart. It is very hard to be away from him for a long time. He is in Oklahoma every week, all summer doing some work for his Uncle. I worry constantly about him, and I cry a whole lot. I only get to see him on the weekends. I miss him alot when he is gone, and i think he thinks that I am going to leave him b/c he is gone all the time. I was just wondering is there anyone else out there with a similar problem that can offer some kind of advice on what to do with the man? B/C I have already told him he is out of his mind........
Posts: 5 | From: Cleburne,TX,USA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
gal, at least you and he are in the same time zone. call him, talk to him.

and reads these threads about ppl and their LDRs

LDR's (Long Distance Relationships) http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/000483.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/000580.html

------------------
mundi faece repletum

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catsmeow
Neophyte
Member # 13723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catsmeow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

I do call him like every other day, but I live with my parents and they frown upon long distance calls. He has a cell phone, but it constantly cuts us off. Also a phone isn't the best thing. I write him e-mails but sometimes he is so damn busy that he hardly gets to read them. I just don't want his job to come between us.

Posts: 5 | From: Cleburne,TX,USA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about handwritten letters sent by mail? They aren't as fast as email, but more personal, special, and wonderful to get and send! You can buy stationery, make your own paper, try to find the weirdest thing to write on (like a paper placemat from a restaurant)-- be as creative as you'd like. Definitely worth the 37 cents! While I don't have a significant other to write to and get letters from at this time, I really love and always look forward to sending and receiving notes to and from friends and family.

------------------
"Tear up the cloak of indifference that you have wrapped around your hearts! Make up your minds before it is too late!" ~Sophie Scholl

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunsetRedGirl
Neophyte
Member # 5031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunsetRedGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I think long distance R-ships are fine. I know you must miss him alot. However, it's worth the wait if its mister right. I have nothing against distance in a relationship , because you know , you can see each other too much.
Posts: 4 | From: Usa | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catsmeow
Neophyte
Member # 13723

Icon 10 posted      Profile for catsmeow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know its only for the summer, and we are going to college together in the fall so its not that bad, i guess i just blow things out of proportion sometimes. He is mister right, and I would wait forever for him. We love each other in every possible way. We have a great relationship. But i do agree that you can spend TOO much time together. I just get worried when he is so far away.
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 5 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by catsmeow:
I just get worried when he is so far away.

Out of curiosity, what is it you worry about?

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," FHOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.