Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Idk What's Going On

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Idk What's Going On
Kaito
Neophyte
Member # 108858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaito     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had my account here for a while, and just never used it, but anyways, my life is slowly spinning out of control. In 2012, I started questioning my gender identity and sexuality. Mid-2013, I came out of the closet as transmale. Shortly after, is where the storm blows in. I got some hate and stuff, and shut the hater out, but they did their damage. I soon became depressed (I haven't been diagnosed yet, and still not diagnosed), and started cutting myself. Well, it somewhat backfired because at a water party, I forgot I'd cut the night before without realising. So here I was, at a party, not covering my bright tomato red cuts. Few days later, my parents all found out, and there was a small talk. Nothing major happened between me and them. But from there to now, my social life has gotten worse, I had several friends. Now I just can't bring myself to talk to them, I'm constantly a third wheel, or even the frickin spare tire, of the group. And recently, I had two "silent" panic attacks during class due to being scared to death (note that it was completely unintentional, except the first one was. I was scared three times). The second day (which is the worst of it), a friend made me jump a mile, then my other friend glomps me from behind, making me really freaked out, shaky. Like a deer, and I ran off to class, shaking pretty bad. I calmed down enough to go in class without being questioned. Then, I was deathly afraid that I'd lost the two as friends because they didn't talk to me at all that day. One of my biggest fears is losing a close friend, and I've lost a good handful of very close friends. I've become pistanthrophobic, and am extremely careful when I meet new people. I've just been really scared this past week, and I don't feel comfortable being alone, with people, I want to just disappear for a little while in my little hole. The past three months, I've been cutting heavily, but not deeply, and I grew addicted quickly. I'm really wanting to get out my razor and just hack away my thighs. My friends shrug it off, too, they just say "No, Kaito, you shouldn't do that. . . Okay what was last night's assignment?" and talk about other things, completely forgetting I self harm. I want help, but I dunno how to talk to anyone about getting it, and for free/low-price too.

I'm sorry this has been a wall of text. I'm just a rambling little monster, I just feel like the little ragdoll nobody likes, and promptly throws out without glancing back. I guess I can Kik someone, but I'd prefer if someone PM'd to get it instead of posting it.

Posts: 4 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry to hear how things have been going for you.

The good news is, you are in a state where getting some help and care is likely very doable.

Would you like us to look into what support and mental health services are potentially available for you in Sacramento or very nearby?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaito
Neophyte
Member # 108858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaito     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds good. If this helps any, I prefer if it were located near Rancho Cordova or Downtown. Thank you
Posts: 4 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kaito,

I'm not sure if Heather had specific places in mind, but one possible resource you might be interested in is the Gender Health Clinic. A lot of their services are aimed at trans folks, and they do offer mental health services. You can look into them here:
http://www.thegenderhealthcenter.org/about.htm

[ 02-10-2014, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaito
Neophyte
Member # 108858

Sorry I forgot to check in.
That sounds really nice, I'll look into it

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.