Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » After Sex Worries, Feed Back Please?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: After Sex Worries, Feed Back Please?
Lillith Ambrose
Activist
Member # 64807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lillith Ambrose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, ever had that feeling like you should be freaking out because you just had sex for your second or third time and you think you might be pregnant even though nothing went wrong with the condom? (No tears, leaks, breaks, stuff like that)

Here's the worst part: You know that your period is like... 3 weeks after the day you actually had sex? Perhaps you've had this feeling more then once?

I'm going threw this at the moment and I'm gradually calming down as the days to my period get closer. (My PMS signs are showing as they always do and I did cave in and take a HPT that came back negative.) But, I would like to know if anyone else has had this issue and would be willing to share how they got threw it or how they calmed themselves down because they knew they were worrying for no reason.

Thanks for your feed back! [Smile]

--------------------
(-/)

Posts: 61 | From: USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flippo
Neophyte
Member # 60699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flippo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, I'm going through this right now. As far as my boyfriend and I could tell, nothing went wrong with the condoms the times we've had sex this month, but I can't stop freaking out. Every time I feel any little twinge in my belly, my mind says PREGNANT. The first time I had sex this month actually was like 3 weeks before my period, which is due around the end of this week. I'm still terrified. Honestly, I don't know how to calm myself down besides reading everything on the Internet about early pregnancy signs and condom usage, and asking questions on Scarleteen.
Posts: 31 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilraen
Neophyte
Member # 47840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilraen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Out of curiosity, have either of you discussed emergency plans with your partners? I know a big thing for me about getting over pregnancy worries is knowing that my partner and I have a plan if something goes wrong. I know that he will back me up and support me (financially and emotionally) should we have an unplanned pregnancy. I also keep an HPT tucked away in a cabinet so that if the worry gets really bad and it's been a long enough amount of time, I can take the test and see if I'm actually pregnant or not.
Posts: 30 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But, I would like to know if anyone else has had this issue and would be willing to share how they got threw it or how they calmed themselves down because they knew they were worrying for no reason.
I've never worried about my own pregnancy, seeing as I don't have the organs for it, but I have done that worrying generally after new sex... but I don't think it's always for no reason.

I think sometimes you can transfer are anxieties about one thing onto another thing.

And starting to be sexually active can be a big personal change so it's actually on the one hand ok to feel a little bit anxious generally at that time as it can just be the part of our mind that is basically thinking "AHHH NEW STUFF!! SCARY!"... but is actually part of the process of dealing with change.

I think it's a sign worth respecting in yourself... in a partnered scenario, for me, it might be a sign that I might want to, without realising it, take things a little slower etc...

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lillith Ambrose
Activist
Member # 64807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lillith Ambrose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have some HPTs hidden away and I just had a(an unnecessary)panic attack because I thought I was pregnant.

I hate how hard it is to get EC pills.. I mean, you can walk in and get BC anywhere with almost no fuss, but lord knows when you have something happen (heaven forbid rape or assault) people are like, oh sorry you're too young. Last time I checked, 1) No one is too young to have sex/be assaulted and 2) Not everyone has 10$-200$ to spend on something that should be accessible to women everywhere.

(Excuse my rant) But in all seriousness, I do believe that is does have to deal with change and such. I hate how most symptoms, are just normal stuff that could be wrong like being stressed or something. Dx So not cool..

--------------------
(-/)

Posts: 61 | From: USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.