Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Scared to go to school now(Heather please)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scared to go to school now(Heather please)
Dee
Activist
Member # 56776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Heather.. I'm afraid to go to school because there letting a rapist come.. How am i suppose to go through the day knowing a rapist is siting in the classroom???

[ 03-30-2011, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Dee ]

Posts: 63 | From: Fort Myers, FL | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dee. I know I'm not Heather, but I wanted to let you know that Heather and some other Volunteers are away at a conference through Sunday, and really won't be around the boards much if at all in that time, so I hope you don't mind me asking - have you considered talking with your school counselor? A lot of times they can be really great resources here, especially since there may be times when you'll just need to be away.

[ 03-31-2011, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Stephanie_1 ]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dee
Activist
Member # 56776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh well thats fine.. I have no problem with other people answering... But i feel like they'll all think im overreacting because he's there
Posts: 63 | From: Fort Myers, FL | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think you are! I don't think I would want to be in class with a rapist! I don't know the details of your situation... did he assault you? I would REALLY not want to be in that class then, in fact that should not be allowed. Why are they allowing him to come? Rape is a crime! You shouldn't have to go to school with violent criminals! I second Stephanie's suggestion of talking to a school counselor.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not an overreaction at all honey. What you're feeling is normal, and totally valid to be feeling. (Teacher moment: If the rape did not occur on school grounds- or if it did and he was not charged/found guilty) then the school really has no choice.

Everyone in the US, by law, is entitled to something called FAPE, a Free Appropriate Public Education. Should something happen in school he could be forced to go into an alternate education school, but the school district pays per child... so that's why if it's not one of the cases listed above they WILL let him stay, to keep from having to pay the fee (and the court fees should the parent NOT want their child sent).

Something to think about though, is if you're finding you can't work/function in a classroom with this person is to see about the chance to have classes changed. It's late in the game, but they may consider it knowing the circumstances.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dee,

I, too, agree with Stephanie. Also, do you see a therapist/ counselor to help with your past issues? If you do, then maybe they could assist you with your school if talking with the school’s counselor doesn’t help you enough.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dee
Activist
Member # 56776

Stephaine_1: Oh i have talk to them about they say they can't really because it's just to late.. We're in the 4th quarter which is the last quarter of the year.. and KatWA: he did not rape me but i know the little girl that he did rape and I'm very close with her.. He has tried to rape me but i fight him off but now i'm afraid because he's a lot stronger than i lost saw him

[ 04-03-2011, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: Dee ]

ronawill
Neophyte
Member # 71286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ronawill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I certainly agree with them. A school should be conducive for students to learn not a place of treat or a place to be afraid of. The school's staff should be aware of this.

Your parents should talk to them about this. Anyway do you have bad experiences such like this? then you should try to seek help from school counselors and join some therapeutic programs for teens.

--------------------
troubled teens

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.