Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Want to share my story

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Want to share my story
Tayler
Neophyte
Member # 48954

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tayler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope I'm posting this in the right forum.

I wanted to provide some support for people who intentionally hurt themselves.

Ever since I can remember I have not been happy with myself of my life. I don't want to go into a whole lot of detail, but I have not always had the most supportive family. I didn't have many friends at school. I'm shy. I'm quiet. I was made fun of in school. I've strugged with depression for I don't know how long.

I first hurt myself in the 8th grade. I had to lie about what happened. I felt awful. I did the same thing only on a smaller scale in the 10th grade. When I was 17, I started hurting myself in a different way. It went on for months. Finally I realized that what I was doing was not good. I had to throw away what I was using to hurt myself. And make sure I couldn't find anymore.

I have always hit my head when I'd get extremely upset. I'd use anything I could find. Back in April I hit my closet door so hard that it came off the track and I almost passed out. Although not diagnosed by a doctor, I believe I had a concussion. The symptoms lasted for almsot 2 weeks. At that point, I knew I couldn't do this anymore.

I still feel like doing all of these things sometimes, but I have learned how to control it. There has been a couple times where I've hit myself again. But I have done so well controlling it.

I just wanted to let people know that you aren't alone. Although I have not, I would suggest seeing a counselor. Not everybody can stop this behavior on their own. But it is possible. Now that I realize what I was doing to myself I can't stand the thought of others doing the same. So please, if you do this help yourself.

Posts: 13 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poetrylover16
Neophyte
Member # 50026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poetrylover16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i started cutting in grade 7 then a few times this year in grade 11 and i too have just stopped, i tried coucling a few times but that went over very badly... so i also want people to know your not alone
Posts: 21 | From: Saskatchewan Canada | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tayler, Thank you for your great post!

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.