Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » just need to talk to sum1 who knows wot it is like to be oral raped by sum1 u trusted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just need to talk to sum1 who knows wot it is like to be oral raped by sum1 u trusted
fighter girl
Neophyte
Member # 48392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fighter girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] wen i was seven i was sexually abused by somebody i should have been able to trust, they oral raped several times as he was my babysitter, i couldnt tell anyone because of the problems i thought it may cause, i went sevven year not admitting to wot happened until this summer to two good friends, id appreciate bein able to talk to sum1 hu knowws wot its like. thanks
Posts: 16 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polyprotic
Activist
Member # 45568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for polyprotic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen, fighter girl :] I'm sorry about your past abuse, but am very glad that you were able to tell a few friends. That really takes a lot of courage and is a good step.

I, as well as a number of others here, also experienced abuse (including oral rape) by someone close to me. This really is a great place to come for support, or just a safe place to talk things out :]

Posts: 97 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bookwormfairy
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bookwormfairy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My ex bf did that to me. I didn't remember it until recently.

--------------------
~Lillian

Posts: 263 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fighter girl
Neophyte
Member # 48392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fighter girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thankyou for the quick reply polprotic, it helps a lot knowing there are others like me that i can talk and relate to.

since telling my friends though ive been confused as to how i feel, it's sort of like im numb and no matter how sad or stressful or enjoyable a situation is recently i dont really feel any emotion towards it. it confused me as to who i told this to, even though they were great friends i had only known them for less than two weeks as we were on a school trip together them being a year older than me, but we became good friends quickly. wot confused me was that i was able to tell the two of them so soon after knowing them for such a short time, and since the abuse happened wen i was seven it has been extremely difficult to bring myself to trust anyone so wot brought me to sharing it with them i dont know but im glad i did as theyre givin me tons of support now which im ever thankful for. [Smile]

and bookwormfairy, im really sorry to that ur ex did that to u, if u want to talk about id love to beable to help as others have done so for me, [Smile] its difficult wen someone u thought u could trust does somethin so awful, my abuser being my mums (now ex) bf's son who babysat me
feel free to talk [Smile]

Posts: 16 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fighter girl
Neophyte
Member # 48392

[Confused]
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, fighter girl. I'm so sorry you're going through this, but I am glad to hear you have some supportive friends to talk to.

As great as friends can be though, most survivors find that counseling with a mental health professional is incredibly beneficial in helping work through their feelings and start moving forward. Would that be something you'd be willing to try? We're more than happy to help you find some resources for counseling if you like.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edit: mind meld! [Cool]

[ 08-19-2010, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fighter girl
Neophyte
Member # 48392

Hi karybu, this is something I have thought about a couple of times as I'm sure it would help but i would probably only prefer to do it if none of my family had to find out if that's possible? If so i would certainly be prepared to try it If it can be found [Smile] thanks
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We'll certainly see what we can do. Do you mind giving us your city or postal code so we know where to look?

I also want to point you towards this site: http://rasac.org.uk/

If in-person counseling turns out not to be doable, they offer counseling and support over the phone.

[ 08-19-2010, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fighter girl
Neophyte
Member # 48392

Ye please [Smile] erm it's the wirral, England thanks again, appreciate it!

[ 08-19-2010, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: fighter girl ]

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Okey dokey. Will see what I can dig up. [Smile]

--------------------

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

So the closest one to you looks like it's the Rape & Sexual Abuse Centre (Merseyside).
email: rasamerseyside@btconnect.com
phone: 0151-650-0155
They also have a helpline, open Sunday 3-5pm Monday 7-9pm Wednesday 2-5pm and Thursday 7-9pm, and the phone number for that is 0151-666-1392.

There's also a thorough list of all the rape crisis centres throughout England and Wales here, and either the one I listed above or any other in your area will be able to get you connected with some counseling.

[ 08-19-2010, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.