Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Really need someone to talk to and give me advice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Really need someone to talk to and give me advice
In need of help xxx
Neophyte
Member # 47812

Icon 4 posted      Profile for In need of help xxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
* You can skip the first 2 paragraphs*

I was enrolled in summer school. I was in summer school in the first place, because 1) I barely went to school, because I wasn't feeling good (emotionally) 2) I didn't do the work, because I was feeling good (emotionally)

My junior year of high school was the toughest. I missed almost the whole month of May, and was hospitalize because I told the counselor I felt like killing myself. That's just some background stuff, that I think I should put in.

The big thing is, I can't miss more than 2 days of summer school. This is my second day of missing it. My excuse, because I wasn't feeling good which is true. My boyfriend was on the phone with me at that time and did not understand why I just couldn't go to school. Out of everyone I thought he'd understand, since I tell him everything. He hung up on me because I told him to please calm down, because his frustration wasn't making me feel any better. 'Cause I felt like he was getting mad at ME for being so depressed. (I've also be diagnosed with major depression) My parents are angry at me because I didn't go and he is too. But I feel like no one understands me or is even trying to understand.

I really don't feel good. And it kills me to say this, but I feel like ending my life.

[ 07-08-2010, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: In need of help xxx ]

Posts: 2 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you've been diagnosed with depression, I assume this means that you have a therapist, or that you at least had one at some point?

If so, what you'll want to do is call them and tell them that you are in a crisis, and that you feel suicidal.

Summer school is important, obviously, but if you are feeling so depressed that you are considering killing yourself, then that's something that you need to address, first.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mma
Activist
Member # 47280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, no! Please take a moment to breathe, then pick up the phone and call 1-800-273-8255. That's the National Suicide Prevention Hotline.

You can worry about summer school and everything later. You have a major health crisis and your parents and boyfriend will just have to get over themselves and realize that this isn't something you can "just snap out of" or make yourself "just go to school," etc.

First things first, make sure you're stable and talk to someone on the phone who can help you get in-person support RIGHT NOW. OK?

Take care.

--------------------
http://www.safeplace.org

1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
http://www.ndvh.org

Posts: 116 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
In need of help xxx
Neophyte
Member # 47812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for In need of help xxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want them to understand. I want my parents to understand, because I am living under their roof and don't want them to get mad at me, because I can't do this and that. Also with my boyfriend who I'm in a long distance relationship with, I'm scared he's going to leave me because I'm like this.

How can I make them understand? That's one of the biggest reason why I just feel like hurting or killing myself EVEN MORE because they make me feel stupid for being this way.

Posts: 2 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And all of those are things that you should absolutely discuss with your therapist. If you feel comfortable with that, having a session with your parents together, mediated by your therapist, would probably be a good idea.

But for right now, your priority should be making sure that you're safe. So why don't you give your therapist a call, or call the Suicide Prevention Hotline Number mma gave you in her post.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.