Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Anal sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anal sex
Uh oh
Neophyte
Member # 41293

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Uh oh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Help, I am very scared.

I have been having protected sex for 3 months, I am on the pill and I use condoms. However, twice this month I have had Anal sex, without a condom.

I am late for my period, but on my due date I took a pregnancy test and it turned out negative. Should I be worried? What is the risk if I am a regular user of the pill? I tried to be as careful as possible not to swap fluids, and I took showers directly afterwards..
Im very scared.
please help.

Posts: 33 | From: Perth, WA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did your partner ejaculate? Do you take your pills on time?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uh oh
Neophyte
Member # 41293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uh oh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take my pills on time everytime. he did ejaculate.
Posts: 33 | From: Perth, WA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so given you do take your pills properly, the risk here is very small. The risk of infections is far higher.

Since you had a negative pregnancy test, I'd just wait it out. If you still don't have your withdrawal bleed next week, you can test again.

In the meantime, are you both current with your STI tests? If not, you'll want to schedule those. You also will want to talk about and make agreements for the use of condoms for anal sex, okay?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uh oh
Neophyte
Member # 41293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uh oh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We were both virgins a month ago. how scared do I need to be?
Im only one day late... is it normal to not have it for one day? or two?

this has to be the most terrifying experience of my life [Frown]

Heather
Member # 3

I'm sorry you feel so scared. I know it's rough the first time it happens, but hopefully from here on out what you can take from this is to set clear limits on the safety you need. Do you feel able to do that with your partner?

It is normal for periods or withdrawal bleeds to vary by a day, two or a few sometimes or even often. And if you're freaking about this, that can be part of why.

For now, do try and relax, and at least have a talk about this, and talk about testing. If neither of you has had any partners for ANY kind of sex before, your STI risks are low, but there is still always a risk of bacterial infections with unprotected anal sex, especially if people go anal-to-vaginal.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Uh oh
Neophyte
Member # 41293

Thankyou very much... Ill try.

So if you are on the pill, its normal for my period to be a few days late sometimes? what if it never comes? Can I still have skipped it and not be pregnant?

Heather
Member # 3

Pill or no pill, sometimes we do skip periods. But again, even on the pill, it's normal for periods to be late sometimes: how long have you been using the pill for?

Your period won't likely "never come." Again, if it still is not here in another week, take another test. If it STILL doesn't come a couple weeks after that, then you can call into your sexual healthcare provider, and they can have a look.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Uh oh
Neophyte
Member # 41293

Ive only been on the pill 3 months now.. so this is all very new lol but Ive read the instructions back to back and at a hiccup i ask someone if it counts as missed.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.