Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Losing Hope

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Losing Hope
sammor90
Neophyte
Member # 36373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammor90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today i hit another low... i just cant seem to find hope anymore. the human race is just so pathetic and no matter how much i try to change for the better i just cant seem to stop making dumb mistakes. For the longest time i'd felt like an outcast. i really pretty much am or at least should be but ive found good friends who really care about me and love me. and i love and care about them. but lately ive been sick of hearing how people are constantly talking down on others. its always the he's a geek, she's so preppy, what a loser. i can't stand it. ive been trying so hard to not put lables on anyone. the more i cast them away and accept people as people the better life seemed to get. But then i realized getting rid of the lables didnt change things much at all. because people will still dislike others for their differences. i picked my friends, or maybe i should say they picked me, we just sort of fit together you know. We are almost all part of a GSA group that tries to promote understanding for those dealing with being picked on for being gay or bi. but the more i thought about it the more i realized what the group really stood for is equality and kindness for everyone. the more i watch though the more i lose hope that humans can ever completely become understanding of others.

I spent the day hanging out with some of my friends today. at the end of the day we were all hanging out in one of my friend's basements and were just talking about school and stuff. before long it turned into gossip. I hate hearing people talk about others so horribly. yet i didnt point this out at all. i even made a comment about someone i hardly knew. i want to fix it. i know first i must fix myself and then hopefully lead by example. but sometimes its so hard when everyone else starts talking bad about one another.

I just dont know what to do.

Posts: 13 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Byutful_ntmare
Neophyte
Member # 39205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Byutful_ntmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the best thing you can do for yourself, is to keep yourself around a good crowd! The people that you know who gossip and talk down on others, you should try to limit yourself from hanging with them. Or try changing the subject when you feel like you or others may begin talking about other people. I know how you feel because it has happened to me so many times before, but what we both have to understand is you can't change how others think or say and the best you can do for them is try to help them. If these people who are always gossiping about others and saying things out of their mouths that are disrespectful, they are only showing their own weakenesses and insecurities. Try finding friends who think positively and are going somewhere with their lives. Who actually have goals and dreams and who accept others no matter who they are. I guarantee you will find yourself saying more positive things than negative.

--------------------
~*V Club*~

Posts: 37 | From: Neverland | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.