Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Cutting Almost Dieing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cutting Almost Dieing
Member # 37621

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Diana_babii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My name is diana. i have this issue with cutting. ive been in the hospital almost 3 times, and in rehab almost 5 times. the reason i cut is because of stress. im 13 turning 14 in a month. My boyfriend is a total jackass. My parents are always against me. My big brother LUIS is 18 and hes the perfect student. He gets straight A's in school. I do average. Hes always rubbing it in my face. I started cutting when i was 10. I did it because my parents got divorced and alot of pressure in school. I was always the shadow in my family. My Cousin MICHELLE is 16 and ever since i was little her mom [My Aunt] used to tell me that i sucked and i was ugly, that she wished i would die, and why couldnt i be pretty like my cousin. The thing was that i was the prettier one [Not being modest]. She doesnt have body i do! Friends would encourage it rather then stop it. My boyfriend always tells me to stop but i cant. Last year i went 7 months without doing it. My aunt finally started accepting me. I had become very religious. Then i got back with my ex[current boyfriend] and everything went downhill from there. My boyfriend also was the cause of me not going to church. My boyfriend wasn't the only problem. Friends were turning on me. Now Im Scared Because Last time i cut my arm but until i cut my vein. Is Going too far. Can I trust in you guys to help me quite? or give me advice or something? Please help

Blondie Boo

Posts: 8 | From: Miami | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 13245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pyro_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Diana.
I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. I can't offer much in the way of help, except to say that I have experience Self Injuring (cutting) and I successfully quit several years ago. Here are some hotlines that can provide you with confidential, trustworthy advice. Hope this helps.
1-800-273-TALK (8255)

The HELPline
(305) 358-HELP (4357)
Teen Talk Line
(305) 377-TALK (8255)
Children & Youth Behavioral Hotline
(305) 358-HELP (4357)

Posts: 593 | From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Diana: do you have any member of your family you can turn to for support? You say your parents are "always against you." Can you fill us in more on what you mean by that? Are you safe at home?

As well, as I suggested in your other post, can you consider that the way your boyfriend has been manipulating you and trying to sexually coerce you is likely part of the problem here, and that getting away from him might help a lot?

When you were hospitalized, were you not given any follow-ups in terms of therapy and other resources?

Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 37621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diana_babii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They Always Take Other Peoples Side. No My Parents Dont Hit Me Or Anything. Yes I have follow ups every 2 months or so.

Blondie Boo

Posts: 8 | From: Miami | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Diana,
It does sound like you're under alot of stress at the moment. It can be awful to feel like everyone is against you. I think it was very strong of you to have gone 7 months without cutting last year.

You dont have to deal with all of this alone. Are there any friends you can talk with? Are you due for a therapy follow-up soon?

And what are your thoughts about ending things with the boyfriend?

Try calling the hotlines that pyro-angel gave you. Even if you call when you're wanting to cut yourself, they can talk with you about why and maybe give you some strategies to use other than cutting.

Take care

"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.