Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » im not sure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: im not sure
tracy6789
Neophyte
Member # 30735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tracy6789         Edit/Delete Post 
okay. i'm an extremely screwed up kid and i'm not really sure what to do anymore. i had a lot of family issues growing up, and my family isn't the best. my dad hits me sometimes but not so often i think its putting me in danger. i started uttig about two years ago. as of today it is two months since i last cut. i also was bulimic and anorexic at different points. or i guess you could say i ate very little and when i did eat i felt guilty and threw up. i'm still trying to get myself back to eating properly once more. my best friend isn't quite sure what to do and niether am i. shes the only one ever concerned for me ebcause my parents basically don't care. i've tried therapy but somehow it doesn't seem to work. i'm not sure what to do. i've attempted suicide before only to think it over and realize i don't want to die.
Posts: 12 | From: united states | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Byutful_ntmare
Neophyte
Member # 39205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Byutful_ntmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear tracy6789,

I understand exactly how you feel. It's like, you want to get away and you want a pain and stress reliever and sometimes you just wish you were never born. Though you may feel this way, you have to remember that cutting and hurting yourself is not a healthy way to go about relieving your stress. Alot of people end up dead or seriously messed up as adults when they do some of the things you're doing, and I;m not saying you will but there is a 50/50 chance. A few ways that I use to relieve my stress and help fuel off some steam is to write things down and rip up or tear up the piece of paper. Or going somewhere private and going somewhere peaceful and quiet and sitting to be with myself for awhile and calm down. If this doesn't help, you should check out some of the links they have on this website that you can go to just to read about ways to deal with yourself. And I also understand that the therapy thing doesn't work as well because though therapists can be very helpful, just like most things in this world, they are not for everyone.

So just try to look on the bright side of things and even try an activity or join a group that helps you forget about all of those things at home and helps you to focus positively on something you really enjoy!

Prayers and Thoughts,

--------------------
~*V Club*~

Posts: 37 | From: Neverland | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.