Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Depression

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Depression
sj
Neophyte
Member # 34941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have become depressed over the past couple of days, which is new to me. Are there any ideas out there to cure depression. Cheers, Sj
Posts: 30 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a reason why you're feeling depressed? For example, did you suffer a loss recently? Part of depression is figuring out if it's primarily situational -- caused by something going on in your life, or if it's primarily caused by something going on in your brain all the time.
Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sj
Neophyte
Member # 34941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its a mixture of things, friends, family etc the main problem cant really be pinpointed. it would take months to sort it all out if i wanted too, which i am not motivated to do.
Posts: 30 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hs123
Activist
Member # 35336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hs123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that it sucks being depressed- I've suffered through depression since I was younger, but part of learning to work through it is figuring out where it's coming from. If it's just something that goes on all the time, if it's seasonal, whatever it is, figuring out why is really important.
As well, depression can make you feel like you lack motivation to do anything, even fix your own depression, so it's kindof a vicious cycle--

But you kindof have to just pick up the pieces and run with it-- It's hard to have to motivate yourself, when youre not used to having to do it, but you kindof just have to say to yourself, "If I wanna fix this, if I don't like feeling like this, I have to do something about it." Which I know, is so hard to do...(I'm pretty busy doing it right now) But once you start figuring it out, you'll start to feel better- Even though it's really hard work, it's worth it.

Posts: 401 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.