Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » custody battle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: custody battle
chickenfeet
Neophyte
Member # 35563

Icon 11 posted      Profile for chickenfeet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, so those who have read my last topic post on abusive relationships might know why I'm making another topic on something similar.

I was talking to my cmo worker and she says that court ordered custody can happen over night if both pairs of parents agree to it. My parents would have to sign me over to my friend's mom.

The reason I want to leave is because I don't feel safe here. I don't know exactly why I don't feel safe. I just don't ... maybe the right word is happy or comfortable.

I know that my parents are my parents and they can do anything they want but what if they are abusive?

My mom always tells me that she will always take my dad's side over me. Which I know because .. she did. She chose to ignore that he sexually, physically, emotionally, and verbally abused me. I think he did all that because based on what i tell people of my relationship with him, they usually come to the conclusion of abuse. My mom also says she can never believe a person that has been in the hospital for 4 months (me).

Okay well I don't feel like continueing this topic right this second so I'll try to sum up everything I want to know.

How could my friend's single mom take custody of a seventeen year old whose parents don't want to give her up?

Like... my parents want to put me in foster care but they need my psychiatrist to write a note advising i should be in foster care.

My psychiatrist says that she doesnt think i should be in foster care or at my parents home. but she also cant judge a family and say i should stay with a certain family.

I'm in a good school district and everything but I dont know. I have no freedom. My mom won't let me go up north to where i used to live. she only lets me use the cell phone from 905-930. I don't even have internet at home. (I go to the library and stay on the computer until it kicks me off after an hr and a half) and she says i can't go up north until i follow the rules. but the thing is .. I DO.

My x-therapist, mom, and me sat down and wrote down rules and consequences. I would get a dollar a day (yep.. just a dollar) if I took my meds, went to sleep before 12 30, go to school, and not talk to anyone about my feelings except for my mentor. As far as my mom knows.. i'm following everything.

My new therapist, mom, and me sat down and wrote a deal between my mom and me. I would be able to go up north if I went to school on time and didnt sneak off up north. Ive been doing all my deals but my mom doesnt. She keeps adding more and more things for me to do which confuses me. I try to tell her to write them down with my therapist and me but i know there would be no point. She would just keep finding ways to keep me from visiting my friends. I think my moms just trying to seclude me from everyone.

I'm also mad that my parents NEVER said they were sorry for what they did to me. Lieing about the abuse, doing the abuse, and still doing abuse.

I know that it's just one more year until i can be free but i want to know what i can do to go NOW. By the way.. I'm not really seventeen. I'm turning seventeen in 20 days. But close enough.

I just want to know your opinion. Would it be worth having my friends mom gain custody of me now.. or to just stick it out until i turn 18?

What questions are there that would let me know for sure that who i'm living with isnt good. that would convince a judge to force my parents to give up custody and give me to my friends mom?

god... im such a drama queen. still... i cant help my feelings and questions.

It'd be a HUGE help to see a few educated replies.

Posts: 22 | From: Newark | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.