Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Stress and Anxiety

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stress and Anxiety
Chelleboo
Neophyte
Member # 33633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chelleboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lately i've been stressing myself out. I feel like i have no one to talk to. I sometimes talk to my mom about it but i'm tired of putting my burdens on her. I feel like my stress is messing with my everyday life. I've even started acting different towards my friends. I have no idea of what to do and i feel lost and hopeless. One source of my stress is a completely irrational pregnancy fear...but i don't know why i can't shake it. I've posted about it before and i've been reassured that i'm not. This stress and anxiety is messing up everything!!!
Posts: 21 | From: VA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have lots of other sources of stress besides pregnancy ? What else is stressing you so we can better address them ?

Per your pregnancy fears, what might help is simply avoiding pregnancy risks and if this implies for you taking a break from any sexual activities that poses a pregnancy risk, then it might worth giving this a try so you can put your mind at peace per pregnancy worries.

What I could also suggest in general, if that is not something you have already tried, is whenever you feel stressed to just try to get your mind off of it be it by going to take a walk, playing a sport, reading, listening to music, something like that. Personally, I've found running really great to relieve stress. This might not necessarily work for you but the key is to try until you've found something that works for you.

Relaxation techniques can also be great too to relieve stress so you might want to try that to see if that changes anything for you.

If you found nothing works after that or if it's really affecting your daily life too much, then I'd suggest you try to get help.

[ 10-30-2007, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Chelleboo. Have you checked out our stickied To Worry or Not to Worry thread here? It's full of girls like you who can't get past pregnancy risks, and there have been some great anti-anxiety tips shared there. Why not check it out? [Smile]
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chelleboo
Neophyte
Member # 33633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chelleboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx for the advice. I've tried different stress relief techniques. My mom has even sent me various emails suggesting different things i should do. To be honest i really can't pin point why i'm freaking out so bad. My so called "risk" was in august. I had a period 2 weeks after that in sept. and i had one this month starting on the fifth. I took 3 pregnancy tests in sept all of which were negative. I also took one about a week and a half ago which came out negative as well.
Posts: 21 | From: VA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chelleboo
Neophyte
Member # 33633

Oh yeah...school is stressing me out as well. I feel pressured to get a really high gpa but i can't really focus on my school work because i've been so stressed.
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone at school, be it a counselor or someone else, who could help you manage your stress level and give you some tips on lessening it/how to deal with it better ?

Also, do they happen to offer any class/worshop on stress management you could apply to ? I know my school did so thatís why Iím asking. Those can be really useful.

Talking to other students who are going through the same thing could also help a bit too.

(And per your pregnancy stresses, did you take a look at the thread Lauren linked you ? This might be really worth taking a look at it if you haven't already.)

[ 10-31-2007, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chelleboo
Neophyte
Member # 33633

Thanks for the link!! i read it...i'm more at ease. My mom is helping with my school stress. And the whole pregnancy risk thing...i just hate how there is so much false info on the internet. I think that's where this long lasting fears come from. I mean for crying out loud i read that this one lady said she took 32 pregnancy tests and they all came out negative. Can you believe that?? 32 tests!!!
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Glad to hear you're doing a bit better. [Smile]

[ 10-31-2007, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For you, Chelleboo. This has been a need in that thread for awhile now, and is something lots of gals in your situation bring up. [Smile]
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.