Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » building support systems

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: building support systems
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All too often here at Scarleteen, we see users dealing with tough stuff, a lot of the time without much of a support network. Going through a difficult time, or grappling with hard issues, is tough enough, but dealing with those things alone can be even trickier.

So...who do you turn to when you need some help? Friends or family? Teachers, school counsellors? Boyfriends or girlfriends? Your really cool therapist? Or all of the above?

Having one person to rely on in a tough situation is great, but more than one is even better. So who's in your support network?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lexie
Activist
Member # 29769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lexie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm reasonably close with my ex, he's really good for some things, but i think we still have a few unresolved issues, so things aren't always so peachy with us.

My boyfriend, always listens to me, and always trys to help and is immensely caring, and usually understanding, but he has alot of mental health issues and sometimes i dont like to burden him with what i think are trivial things, and also i cant discuss him with.. him.

Then my two best friends, L + J, who dont even really know one another, but with both we can tell each other anything.

I have a few other less close friends, and a few work friends which are good for having people completely removed from situations.

I'm not close to my parents, or my family really, unfortunately. I mean, when things are really bad they are there, but I can't talk to them about anything.

So.. thats my support network.

Posts: 76 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.