Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » self harm stories??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: self harm stories??
scaredaboutthetruth
Neophyte
Member # 33668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scaredaboutthetruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im 14 years old

i have been self harming for a few months now and in the past i have self harmed (a few years ago)

i dont know what to do anymore...i have got to the stage of my friend telling me she is going to tell a teacher if i do it again

i was just wondering if anyone had a story about this that they would like to share

as i would like to know how you have stopped or how you are stopping

--------------------
......_[[I]] Wish I Could [[Remove]] It From My [[Mind]]......

Posts: 28 | From: leicester | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacii-Jayd
Neophyte
Member # 31433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacii-Jayd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heyaz. i'm 14 aswell and my friends got to the stage of they where going to tell a teacher if i did it again...
i started when i was about 11, i stopped when i 12 but started again when i turnt 13 because of problems.
i havn't fully stopped yet, the only time i do it now if i'm feeling extremly down and i have no one to talk to-my friends don't know about this because i do it in places they can't see now.

i've stopped/stopping because i started to see how it hurt my friends and i started getting the mick taken out of me at school for my scars, i think a good way of stopping is useing something else, like an elastic band and ping it when you feel like doing it. or use wax stripes on ur legs/arms, that worked for me-plus it removes hair (good thing for girls) doesn't leave marks either.

--------------------
''i'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exsits. i'm not a slave to the world that doesn't give a s****''-Marilyn Manson

Posts: 35 | From: UK, Lincolnshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy kate
Neophyte
Member # 31500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy kate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey there.

i've had some serious issues with cutting.

first i'd try getting on of your friends to come over and take/hide any ofyour sharp objects.

if your friend ends up telling a teacher it may be for the best. that's what happened to me and i had no choice but to stop. they sent me up to a school and helped me get "better". let me know if i can help any more.

Posts: 24 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisexual Vixen
Neophyte
Member # 34080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisexual Vixen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have done self injury since I was about 8. I am currently turning 15 in July and am still trying to fully quit. I have been hospitalized for it and have become addicted and it is a very scary thing.

Have your friends hide or throw away all your tools. Set goals for yourself to try and quit. Make a promise to someone that if you do self harm, you will inform them...and stick to it.

You really need to work hard on this. Cutting is not something you can just drop. Find something else to occupy yourself when you feel triggered and search for another outlet for your emotions. This is very important but know you are NOT alone in this.

--------------------
You cannot choose who you fall in love with for love is blind and true.

Posts: 4 | From: Dallas, Oregon | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scaredaboutthetruth
Neophyte
Member # 33668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scaredaboutthetruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for the replies and I have now decided that im going to try and talk to someone when i get beck to school

I have never ended up in hospital even though i have been told what I have done is bad.

I also agree it is kinda of adictive its why it is so hard for me to stop

--------------------

Posts: 28 | From: leicester | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy kate
Neophyte
Member # 31500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy kate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
babe. it's like a drug,
once you start you cant stop. well you can but it's very hard but possible.i've ended up in the hospital because i fainted from blood loss.
not very fun..

good luck! when do you go back to school?

Posts: 24 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scaredaboutthetruth
Neophyte
Member # 33668

i know it is like a drug ive tried so many times to stop but ive not been able to and ive even been able to stop smoking betta than this

and thank yoo:)

and i also go back to school in 4/5 days but i have to wait like 8 days before i can talk to this sertain teacher

xxx

--------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.