Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » SEX SEX AND SEX

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SEX SEX AND SEX
Bowwowwifey
Neophyte
Member # 29961

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Bowwowwifey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IM A TEENAGER SND I NEED SIME ADVISE. IM READY TO HAVE SEX BUT IM SCARED. SHOULD I BE?

[ 07-23-2006, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Gumdrop Girl ]

Posts: 1 | From: DALLAS | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hayspins
Activist
Member # 24120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hayspins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a feeling if you are scared to have sex, then you aren't really ready. However, I was scared my first time, and actually I get scared everytime. Mainly because I am fearful of pregnancy. But if you take all of the precautions(i.e. birthcontrol, condoms, etc.) then you should be fine.
Posts: 65 | From: Edwardsville, IL, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check it out: Ready or Not? The Readiness Checklist

In general, hayspins is right - if you're scared, you probably aren't ready. A little bit of nervousness is normal, but actual fear? If that's what you're feeling, hold off on sex until you can get past that.

(And please, in future, don't type in all capitals; it's the internet equivalent of shouting and is very hard on the eyes. Thanks!)

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
virginia36861
Neophyte
Member # 30139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for virginia36861     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What excatly are you afraid of> Getting pregnant, feeling regretful, bad relationship or maybe catching STD? you really need to ask yourself these questions and be sure you want to do this? You mentioned you are a teenager, but you did not say your age?ask yourself why you are so scared to do this and you may change your mind, which could be a good thing if you are not ready. Not everyone is the same. where someone your age is ready, the next person may not be. Sex is something that should be taken seriously and alot of thought should be put into this. you can go to a library, book store or look up things concerning sex and the consequences involving sex. Please just make sure YOU are ready and never let anyone else make this decison for you. This is your body and you have to live with everything you decide to do with it. Just always protect yourself no matter what you decide.

--------------------
Virginia

Posts: 37 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cierra
Neophyte
Member # 30152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cierra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I were you I would think about having sex first and plan for it. If you are with someone and feel comfortable with them.. then that's a different story but I wouldn't just have sex with someone, in the end it can leave you regretful... also I would use a condom!!!!!!!!!!!! It will protect you from pregnancy as well as STD's... If you're REALLY ready for sex and feel comfortable with the person you're with then giver but make sure YOU ARE ready and there isn't any pressure because you don't want to do something that you're going to regret later.. or the guy ends up hurting or using you.. I personly wish that I had waited
good luck!

Posts: 3 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
virginia36861
Neophyte
Member # 30139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for virginia36861     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Point Cierra and you are RIGHT, always protect YOURSELF first...you never know what can happen and it would be terrible to contact something, get pregnant or after you do this you find that there was nothing there to start with.. Sometimes guys (And I dont mean to point hte finger at guys) but there are some girls to, that after they get this, they are on their way to another relationship.. Just not fair that its like that,but Life is Life.. we have to protect ourselves first and we are the ones that have to wake up in the morning feeling depressed about what we have done... Think First... Sex later

--------------------
Virginia

Posts: 37 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wise Janet Weiss
Activist
Member # 30392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wise Janet Weiss         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree.If you are comftorble w/ this person and
you know you actually like him and you've got the protection,I believe you are ready.

Posts: 320 | From: South of something. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.