Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » A poem ... written by me ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A poem ... written by me ...
keekee
Activist
Member # 28826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keekee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heya guys,
so I wrote this poem during one of my more emotional moments. I think if i am to post it, I should tell you about it. The poem is primarily about the effects of what my grandfather did to me. So here it is. I have never showed anyone.

Look at me, can you see?
The pain you helped to stitch,
Your sharp needle pushing into it.
Moulding me into what you want me to be.
An elaborate design you made into being.
A product of your stitching,
To wear throughout the day,
But what should happen when that
Fabric b-b-breaks.
You through me out,
Your smell, the daily part living
Linger though. And stay.
Your fancy handiwork,
Manipulating me, dumped,
Left to rot, knowing what you’d done
And you, living your life.
Happy as can be.

hope you like it.
keekee
xxx

--------------------
Yes, know thyself: in great concerns or small, Be this thy care, for this, my friend, is all. - Juvenal

Abuse can and will only survive and thrive if silence is kept. So lets speak out?!

Posts: 83 | From: Dagenham, Essex UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you really what he wanted you to be? I don't think so. If you were, you wouldn't be talking about what he did to you despite his threats.

Maybe the only part I don't like is the "b-b-breaks", it just sounds weird to me; but, I'm guessing you did that to highlight the actual idea of breaking, by breaking up the word?

I understand how you feel though. It's incredible to see the abuser being completely free, acting as if nothing had happened, especially when other people even look up to him or think he's a good person. It really is disgusting.

I like the line "left to rot, knowing what you'd done". I always say that to bury memories of abuse is like burying nuclear waste. You can't see it or sense it from the outside so people may think it's no problem, but you start rotting from the inside and it ends up destroying you if you don't do something to get it out. I guess we think somewhat alike [Smile] .

I'm glad that you've found a way to vent out your feelings through art and not through something destructive [Smile] . I truly hope that you can find it in your heart to write something cheerful as well. Show me when you do, ok?

--------------------
"Love does not make itself in the desire for copulation, but in the desire for shared sleep." - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keekee
Activist
Member # 28826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keekee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww thankyou nailo for postin (hugs) ... I guess what I meant by 'moulding me into what you want me to be' is that he made me silent for years, he made me hurt, he wanted me to himself.... purely his sex slave for years.
anyways Im about to post in our section (nailo xxx))

--------------------
Yes, know thyself: in great concerns or small, Be this thy care, for this, my friend, is all. - Juvenal

Abuse can and will only survive and thrive if silence is kept. So lets speak out?!

Posts: 83 | From: Dagenham, Essex UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.