Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnancy
hottness
Neophyte
Member # 23969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hottness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so I found out that I was pregnant and I am only 14. When I told my boyfriend (19) he freaked out and told me that he wanted me 2 have an abortion. I don't really know what 2 do. I am soo scared. When I told him that I didn't want 2 have an abortion he hit me. Should I leave him and should I have an abortion or should I keep it or put it up for adoption? Please help me
Posts: 26 | From: utah | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a look at my reply to your question in Ask Scarleteen. But also pay attention to the advice you will find here. I would also suggest you read through the Pregnancy and Parenting forum.

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I missed the point about him hitting you and where you live. That is the crime of assault. As he is 19 and you are 14 that is statutory rape in Utah. You need to talk to your parents and the police now!

In the meantime, have nothing to do with him. He is dangerous.

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 06-16-2005).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mommy4life15
Activist
Member # 21345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mommy4life15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That guy is a loser. Don't talk to him. Talk to the police, you should not be abused no matter what.

As for asking what you should do, only you can decide. Im 15 and 37 weeks pregnant. Pregnancy is a wonderful thing but only if you are ready to grow up and take care of another human being. I know that I have a huge responsibility ahead of me and I understand that.

Adoption and abortion are other options. There are 2 types of adoption. Open and closed. In open adoption your child's adopted family will send pictures and milestones or your child's growth. Then of course the last choice is abortion.

I'm not telling you what to do, i'm telling of the options. You should research adoption or abortion more before making a decision on anything!

Good Luck to you!

------------------
~*~Ashley~*~
Proud mommy to Rylee Nicole!

[This message has been edited by mommy4life15 (edited 06-17-2005).]

Posts: 51 | From: florida | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DemoDemon
Neophyte
Member # 24086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemoDemon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry but what a creep if i ever got my gf pregnant ide do anything to make life easier even if it meant to quit school..... and he hit you? what a friggin @$$hole imsorry to sound like a girly guy but if i was anywhere where a guy hit a girl ide teach that guy a lesson what i really cant stand is when a dude wont leave a girl alone and she wants him to go away.. what can i say i try to be a gentleman.. sorry for the offtopic
Posts: 2 | From: Suffolk,Virginia, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nephthys
Neophyte
Member # 24128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nephthys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no matter what you do, DO NOT stay in an abusive relationship. YOU DESERVE BETTER! If you have the child, it deserves better. For more support, you should definitely check out
www.girlmom.com

It is a wonderful and supportive group of young mothers and kidless supporters who are there for you. They have articles in the 'features' section of the site which have all sorts of information about every aspect of young motherhood and pregnancy.

What it comes down to is it is your choice. Do what you feel is right, and don't let anyone pressure you into doing something you do not want to do. You have the right to choose.

[This message has been edited by nephthys (edited 06-25-2005).]

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DemoDemon:
imsorry to sound like a girly guy but if i was anywhere where a guy hit a girl ide teach that guy a lesson

For the record, there is nothing "girly" about not being abusive. And I think (I hope!) we can agree that assualting women isn't "manly."

And abusing an abuser back, or attacking them, tends to be entirely counterproductive at ending abuse.

In fact, when someone outside the couple attacks an abusive partner, almost ALWAYS, the person who suffers the most for it is the person who is already being abused, because the abuser then knows or decides the victimized partner has told others about the abuse.

So, the best way to "teach a lesson" to an abuser is to report them to the police and to aid the victim in separating from the abuser and getting into a safe space.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage ST blog about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.