Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » jealousy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: jealousy
luv2giggle
Neophyte
Member # 22871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luv2giggle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have caught a disgusting case of jealousy. the worst part of it all is that the girl i am jealous of is on the other side of the country. i've never met her. when i met my boyfriend they had been broken up for about a year. my main issue is firsst of all, she is my boyfriends first "love" and he has told me how smart and beautiful she was. when he moved out here he would fly over there to see her all of the time. she actually broke up with him by inviting him out there and telling him she was in love with someone else. when i saw how much he cared for her though, at first i thought, "wow, this guy really loved her, that would be awesome if he could love me that much" but then that thought changed to jealousy and insecurity that i just don't measure up to this amazing brilliant girl. i often fear he is trying to fill the void she left.i fear i will never mean to him what she did. i think that she is an idiot dumping him, so me personally, i think she isn't all too great. sometimes i also feel like he punishes me for things she did to him, because he is more guarded with me. it hurts. i have tried so hard to stop being jealous of a person i have never met, but it is so difficult. obviously no one can solve this problem except myself, but if anyone could offer me words of comfort to perhaps help me on my journey to get over this. anything that could help me not feel sooo rediculous it would be much appreciated!! thankyou
Posts: 1 | From: queencreek, az, usa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nerdyprincess
Neophyte
Member # 22950

Icon 10 posted      Profile for nerdyprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey whats crakin' in my opinion your acting kinda silly, but jealousy is a very inevitable feeling. first of all, it isnt you, he isnt trying to punnish you and it is also very normal that he is more guarded with you because he has gotten his heart shattered but his 'first love' as everone knows...nothing can ever replace your first love oand/or first kiss, they are bothe very special and a once in a lifetime thing. all you could do is be patient and wait for him to let up his guard a little and show him how you feel about him.
(p.s. is is also really good that ke kept in contact with his ex, it shows that he dosnt hold childish grudges and if you guys ever broke up you could probably still be great friends, according to the circumstances of couse!) good luck!!!

Posts: 8 | From: Washington | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.