Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » is it stress?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it stress?
confuzed bunny
Neophyte
Member # 22589

Icon 5 posted      Profile for confuzed bunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im reali worried about my friend, she is having problems at home at the moment, her mum and brother and herself are moving away from her mum's boyfriend because hes very controlling. she has had problems at home 4 a very long time but recently it has been getting to her. also the family have been having money problems and she hasnt been comin 2 school. she has been telling me that she is loosing wieght verry quickly and lots of it, shes very skinny but i know she is eating because im with her most of the time, and she isnt throwing it up after because i am with her. but what doesnt make sence is that shes eating foods that would normally make sombody reali fat! like chocolate and chips etc etc its always those foods that shes eating, so i cant work out why ses losing all this weight. can somebody help?

------------------
live each day like its your last

Posts: 12 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confuzed bunny
Neophyte
Member # 22589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confuzed bunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and does anybody know what i can do about it? she isn't keen on seeing a doctor, but she agreed to see the school nurse when she comes back to school, but what can the nurse do? someone help!

------------------
live each day like its your last

Posts: 12 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenna D.
Activist
Member # 18964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenna D.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She should really, really see a counsellor; if you don't have counselling services at school, referring your friend to one outside school is something the nurse could do. A counsellor can determine if her weight loss is due to stress or not and help get her on the right path.
Posts: 72 | From: Scarborough, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, that is a very good start. The nurse should have access to various services that can help your friend.

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.