Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » im pregnate

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: im pregnate
maccy
Neophyte
Member # 21884

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maccy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ook im almost 16 i live in canberra with my parents but i use to live only a month ago with my boyfriend who is 17. We were stupid and while i was living there for 6 months we didn't really use contreception and as soon as moved back in with my parents i found out that im a month pregnate i wanna keep it but my parents are all for an abortion i have a job and ill have money enough to rasie a kid my boy is gonna get a job i just wanna kno if this is the right desicion im going to a doctor in 2 days but i just wanna kno that im doing the right thing

------------------
thanks
Maccy

Posts: 3 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
froggy_dear
Activist
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggy_dear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are a lot of factors that go into anything being the right decision for you. Like do you want to go on in schooling? Do you want to establish a career? How important to you is your parents support in raising the child? At almost 16, you have a lot left ahead of you. Do you want to have a child with you? Can you realistically envision the sort of time and money commitment that a child will mean for you?

These are all things that you need to consider. Below are links to some threads in which folks go over the sorts of issues and problems that having a baby relatively young can bring up. It's worth a read over them. Good luck.

I Want A Baby NOW!!! http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum10/HTML/000300.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum10/HTML/000269.html

------------------
I see you shiver with antici......pation

Posts: 317 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maccy
Neophyte
Member # 21884

Icon 7 posted      Profile for maccy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for replying...I'm finishing year 10 by july and after i have the baby i think i will do year 11 and 12 at a tafe (with a child care) part time or casual. Then eventually i will study at uni when she/he starts school. I have lived and coped with out my parents before so if they choose it to be that way i shall do fine my boy is extremly supportive and is getting a job (i already have one) and we will be saving all our money now to go towards the baby.

i read those acticles and i thought over my plans and i think that it'l b fine
thanks so much

Posts: 3 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.