Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Too much to hold in.

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Too much to hold in.
Member # 9399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seventh_trilogy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My mother killed herself July 2004. She took all her anti-depressant pills (probably w/alcohol) and went to sleep, leaving notes and the whole shebang. Because I had stopped caring about my mom due to her alcoholism, it didn't bother me too badly until about November. I'm not having crying fits at school anymore, but it still bugs me and I think about her/it every day.

I started having sex with my boyfriend in June 2004. He's a wonderful guy; sensitive, gentle, loving...a little stubborn and sometimes exaggerating...but I love his flaws as part of his beauty. We are very close and talk to each other nightly.

Now that I live alone with my dad (no brothers, sisters) I don't know if there is any adult to whom I can talk about sex and sexual safety...especially a mom figure. None of my girlfriends' parents are close enough to me to talk to. I like my pastor a lot, but I feel that she will reprimand me for having sex before marriage. I'm close to an aunt, but I'm afraid that if she knows, she'll reprimand me, and tell the rest of the family. I've always been known to my family as "the good girl"... I'm in honors, I get A's, I don't drink or do drugs, I'm a black belt, I read really fast... I'm deathly terrified of what my family will think of their perfect little Stanford girl gone to all hell.

I don't know who else I can talk to...I haven't had a therapist for a while. I was too afraid to tell her about the sex, and she referred me to a hypnotherapist a few months ago.

There isn't any other adult I trust, and my only peers I can discuss it with are my boyfriend and one of my girlfriends.

What can I do? I need my mind to be calmed by someone who knows what they're talking about.

[This message has been edited by seventh_trilogy (edited 01-30-2005).]

Posts: 14 | From: Homewood, California, USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 18235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Londongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you need to get yourself to a gynecologist, who could check whether you have a yeast infection (as you mentioned in another post). If you are sexually active, it is advised that you get regular sexual health check-ups anyway, and a gynecologist could also help you with any questions and concerns about sex and sexual safety. You could go to Planned Parenthood for this, you can find your nearest clinic by calling (800)230-PLAN. In your other post you asked about your boyfriends penis spots - no-one can diagnose either of you over the net, so he should see a doctor to get it checked out. He could to to Planned Parenthood for this. If either or both of you have an infection you could pass it back and forth through sex, so avoid having sex until it has been checked out and you are both in the clear.

For counselling in general, have you considered talking to a school counsellor?

Thirtysomething and not actually counting
Who the **** is Londongirl?

[This message has been edited by Londongirl (edited 01-31-2005).]

Posts: 352 | From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

  New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3