Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Problems..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Problems..
BiLLaBaBy017
Activist
Member # 6514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BiLLaBaBy017     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea I went out with this guy named Scott. We went out for 7 months and me and his friends were all cool with eachother.. until we broke up.

Ever since we broke up in September they have been sending me e-mails saying how they heard I was pregnant, that I'm a slutty whore (excuse my language), I cut myself, I need to kill my "baby", and all this other crap. The funniest part of this is that ALL of it isn't true.

My ex and his best friend sent me an e-mail about all the stuff they heard and were barking at me, saying all this mean crap. I sent one back to them and decided that I would be nice and tell them that they need to please stop what they were doing and not be spreading crap around.

I am really upset about what they are doing, and my "boyfriend" is leaving in a couple days for the Army so that's gonna be hard on me, despite all the things he did.. so that's making it worse.

I don't know what to do anymore, every one of his friends are saying bad things left and right and it's kinda making me a little angry. Is what they are doing harassment? If so, can I do anything about it?

Thanks again for your help

------------------
*^_AsHLeY_^*

Posts: 294 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's harassment according to most definitions.

What you do is save all the e-mails they send you - they're now "evidence".

Then you can report them to their internet service providers (mostly, e-mail addresses contain the name of the company in question, so you can look them up and find their website). Most ISPs have strict policies forbidding using their services to harass people, and will have a FAQ explain how to report violations of their policy.

If you don't want to go so far right now, you have the option of sending these guys an e-mail saying that if they contact you again, you will report them to their ISPs for harassment. A lot of people will back right off at that point.

Or if you really can't face dealing with any of it, most e-mail programs have settings that will let you "block" anything from particular addresses.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BiLLaBaBy017
Activist
Member # 6514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BiLLaBaBy017     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do I get their ISP's and do all that other stuff?
Posts: 294 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Set your e-mail to show full headers and use the first IP listed. If you're not familiar with tracing IPs you can post them here and I'll do it for you.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

. . .Amber eyes lost deep in thought
Of why the dish ran away with the spoon.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BiLLaBaBy017
Activist
Member # 6514

One problem, how do I do that? I don't know anything about computers so I might need to get some help on how I can get the IP..
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you check your e-mail through? Hotmail? Outlook? Eudora? Something else?

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

. . .Amber eyes lost deep in thought
Of why the dish ran away with the spoon.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BiLLaBaBy017
Activist
Member # 6514

It was actually through this website called Buddy Pic. They have this bp e-mail system and that's where it was from.
SunshineLK0517
Activist
Member # 17296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunshineLK0517     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im sorry you're going through this. i am currently going through something similar. everyone at school thinks i'm pregnant because i told who i thought was a trusted friend that i skipped my period for 3 months. everyday someone makes some sort of comment to me saying i am pregnant even though i'm not!!! it really makes me mad!
Posts: 64 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It was actually through this website called Buddy Pic. They have this bp e-mail system and that's where it was from.

Are they using Buddy Pic to send the e-mails?

What does it say in the "From:" section of their e-mails? i.e. does it say something like "so-and-so@yahoo.com" or "so-and-so@hotmail.com"?

If it does, you can go straight to Yahoo or Hotmail (or whichever company it is) to report them.

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 06-04-2004).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BiLLaBaBy017
Activist
Member # 6514

no, it just says their screen name on buddy pic, it doesnt say '____@hotmail" or "____@yahoo." im afraid that im not going to be able to report them now b/c its not an actual email from hotmail or anything

logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

But then that would mean that they're using the Buddy Pic system to send the messages to you, right?

So you can report them to Buddy Pic (or threaten to report them unless they stop hassling you, or however you want to play it).

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.