Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Dreams

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dreams
jeangenie
Activist
Member # 16168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeangenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm suprised I'm posting this because it's so personal but I really need help on this one. When I was 12 I was raped by a co-worker of my fathers when he had a bunch of them over to get drunk. I remember it vividly and sometimes I wonder if it's influenced my sex life more than I think. I've been dreaming about it constantly the past few weeks. It isn't fair but I've always blamed my father. He was in the next room and it's hard to believe that no one there heard. I don't speak to him often but he called me a few weeks ago and we argued (it had been almost a year since we last spoke) and since then, every night, the scene plays out in my head and I wake up crying. I thought I was over this and I could be normal again but now I'm back to how I was years ago and I can't stand to be touched. I'm normally extremely sexual but I keep thinking back to my memories and I want to throw up. I don't know how to make this stop, but I can't take many more nights of this.
Posts: 53 | From: Austin, TX, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
froggy_dear
Activist
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggy_dear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you talked to a therapist or a counselour, or someone like that? To me it sounds like you might need to talk with someone who can really help guide you through this tough time. Maybe even calling a rape crisis hotline, and talking to someone trained in dealing with similar situations could be helpful. Maybe some one could post the numbers for appropriate hotlines.

I wish I could help you more, and I hope you get through this okay. *hug*

------------------
I see you shiver with antici......pation

Posts: 317 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.