Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » getting med. cheaper

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: getting med. cheaper
foreverlovin
Activist
Member # 15319

Icon 5 posted      Profile for foreverlovin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello everyone, i have posted here a little bit ago about desiding weather to stay on prozac or get off because im almost out of it. well i have decided at this point in my life i really need to be on it. the only problem is.. we can't afford to go to the doctors for a perscription since we don;t have inserance. we have tried ordering it online cause it would be cheaper but u need to be over 21 which im not. if anyone knows anything or anyway i could get the medication cheaper or get into a doctor to get the perscription cheap i would greatly appricate because i don;t know what im going to do without it.. if u have any info plz tel me.. thank u so much
Posts: 52 | From: boca raton, fl, us | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last time I answered one of your posts on this, I'm certain I gave you some information. (And please, in the future, continue a post on the same topic in the original thread, rather than starting new topics.)

If your family is low-income, or you're an independent and you are, you can apply for medicaid in the US, via your local social service agency.
http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/ess/medicaid.shtml

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverlovin
Activist
Member # 15319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverlovin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im extreamly sorry about posting it twice, the first time i thought it got deleted so i had to retype the whole thing! lol .. but thank you so much for the info and i also didn't know how to add to a post but i finally figured it out.. well thank u for the website.. they will help pay for the prozac and doctors visit?
Posts: 52 | From: boca raton, fl, us | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Read the information.

That link outlines what you can expect from Medicaid, should you be eligible, in very intense detail. You can also show it to your parents, since if you're a dependent, it is they who will need to do the legwork to go apply.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverlovin
Activist
Member # 15319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverlovin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for that website, but it doesn't help because your assests can't exceed over 2,000.. and ours do. so that doesn't do anything for my probelm .. but if anyone else knows anything please help
Heather
Member # 3

If your parents own a home or other property, yet cannot pay basic medical bills, then at this point it's really up to THEM, honey, to look into their options, like taking out a secondmortgage, or being extended a line of credit, or what have you.

Unfortunately, there really aren't other options. If you (your family) aren't poor enough for state or federal assistance, but standard medical care and costs are too much, that's a matter of family budgeting, not something we can help with here.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.