Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Dont know

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dont know
Lonely
Neophyte
Member # 18200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am pretty much new here, this is my first posting, umm for starts i just recently got out of a three year relationship. i dont know. I feel real empty. its wierd. i was happy when i got out, i think i still am happy. i started meeting new people, two to be exact, it took my mind away from her and i felt better about my self. i really do. just, i feel like i cant even cry about it. As i post this for the first time tonite which is about a month, i shed a few tears, but i cried. i feel heart less. For the first time i gave into a relationship or better said i gave my heart to someone for some reason i feel like i am back stabbing myself by breaking up with her. I had her come over and talked about it and she started crying and i held her for a couple of hours and i didnt even cry!!! is there something wrong with me? i tend to be a real emotional guy i feel so cold hearted. I found out today she already is with someone. i am really happy for her. Though i feel like i lost the biggest thing in my life and to make it worst, my life is falling apart around me. i cant keep things in perspective anymore like i am out of glue or something going out with new people is not helping so granted probably hooking up with others wouldnt either. i dislike alot of things around me. for one the path i am going in life. i dont know if what i am doing now is what i wanna do for the rest of my life. Is this what i want? i dont know if anyone whom has been in a relationship before and broke up with the other and feels like forsome reason you made the biggest mistake and on the other end you feel happier that u have gotten time away from the other. Please tell me something. i am hopeless at this point. feel like i haved reach the lowest point in my life. Thanks for anyone whom dont know what to say
Posts: 1 | From: Reseda, Ca, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Londongirl
Activist
Member # 18235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Londongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry you are feeling so sad.

It sounds to me that maybe you're emotions are sort of delayed, like some people get when they are grieving for someone who died. I've heard of a relationship ending being compared to grieving - it's like grieving for the relationship.

You say you were initially happy with the relationship ending, but now have mixed feelings. Maybe you made the right decision, but still need time to get over it - I think ending a relationship doesn't necessarily make all the feelings go away, even for someone who IS clear it's the right decision.

Do you have any friends or family you can talk to? A problem shared is a problem halved as they say! Maybe you could make a point of doing some nice things for yourself too, to cheer yourself up?

Hope that's of some help

[This message has been edited by Londongirl (edited 05-27-2004).]

Posts: 352 | From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.