Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Someone help me, I'm scared...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Someone help me, I'm scared...
sad_sad_lover
Neophyte
Member # 18119

Icon 9 posted      Profile for sad_sad_lover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well. Today I has sex for my first time with a girl I've know for not so very long. We started off by simply being friends, and as the day carried on we got really close and eventually we started to get sexually close in some sense. One thing went into another, and eventually we were having sex. I had a condom on, and had ejaculated... but she insisted I keep going. Somehow she stopped me, and then I realized that the condom had slipped off. In a nervous state, we quickly removed it, and we were not sure if any of it was left inside. We looked up tips online, and quickly did as advised; such as peeing, and cleaning througly. I'm dead scared. I'm not ready to have a child or anything. She's only 17, and I'm 18... I just don't know what to do. Can anyone help me?
Posts: 4 | From: Fontana | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go get EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTION. The incident happened today, so she can go to the hospital, her doctor's office, the health department or the pharmacist (I'm assuming you are in Fontana, CA) now or in the morning and get the medication.

btw, giving us city and state in your profile makes it a lot easier for us to help you.

more on EC: Not 2 Late: Emergency Contraception

------------------
Q ... E ... D ... bee-yatch!
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
btw, you are supposed to withdraw the penis after ejaculation while it is still hard, otherwise, you will have condom failure (as you have learned). review proper condom use in this article: A Simple Condom Primer, and then rehearse how you're going to say, "no, i have to pull out now" next time this comes up. otherwise, if you decide you can't handle an accident again, then strongly consider abstinence. Read this to gauge how ready you are to be doing this: Ready or Not? The Readiness Checklist

------------------
Q ... E ... D ... bee-yatch!
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sad_sad_lover
Neophyte
Member # 18119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sad_sad_lover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much. Actually, I was thinking about EC just a while ago. I really didn't know what to expect when the whole sex thing arouse. Would you happen to know how much the EC range from?
Posts: 4 | From: Fontana | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Generally, you're looking at $25-30 for the prescription, possibly more for exam fees. Nothing close to the cost of a child or an abortion.

For future reference? Whenever you find you're in over your head or things are moving too fast -- with anything, sex included -- you have the choice of slowing it down, asking for some time, talking about it. Sex with a partner is a conscious choice we make, not something that happens to us and is out of our control.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sad_sad_lover
Neophyte
Member # 18119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sad_sad_lover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I called Fontana Health Service today and asked about seeing a doctor for the EC exam. They told me that today the Fontana Health office is closed, and the closet office open is in another city. I don't drive, so I have to wait till Monday. I'm kinda scared. Isn't that cutting it too closed if it happen yesterday afternoon?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it is.

Your partner can go to ANY walk-in clinic, ER, a Planned parenthood clinic, or even just put a phone call into her regular doctor for the prescription. Do none of your friends or family drive?

And SHE should be doing some of this legwork as well.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sad_sad_lover
Neophyte
Member # 18119

Well, I've already informed her about the situation and EC, and she's agreeing to it, but now that you say its cutting it too close I might as well just go to a hospital. But I'm wondering, will the hopsitals give prescriptions to her? She IS underage, and we definately would like her mother to find out. As for paying for all this junk, I've had to resort to pawning my valuables... but I'd rather lose precious things right now then let this come to fiasco hand.

[This message has been edited by sad_sad_lover (edited 05-14-2004).]

Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are hitting on the dangerously close to EC not being an option. That being said. Payment arrangements can usually be made with the hospital to avoid having to pay for the visit all at once (prescriptions are another story). The important thing is to see a doc NOW and get the prescription. Gumdrop Girl even mentioned going to get it at a pharmacy. Your window of opportunity is closing, so if you want EC then you need to get the prescription!

------------------
I want a tail mommy.

Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.