Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » I Just can't take life anymore...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Just can't take life anymore...
Zelpa
Neophyte
Member # 17458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zelpa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really can't take life anymore.Ever since I came down with this anxiety disorder it's ben tearing my life apart.I spend everyday in constat worry and fear of the next day.I've ben in therapy and it doesn't seem to be helping me at all.At first I had a problem with my penis and I thought I had Penile cancer, then it turned out to be a case of jock itch.Then I was fine taking meds and I found little bumps on my nipples wich were something to do with hair, then I found a weird lump type thing on my left breast and I don't know what it is and i'm afriad to get tested.To top it all off tomorrow is my birthday and it'd going to be a depressing day ecspecially with all the things going on with me.I just can't stand it anymore, I can never relax, I haven't relaxed in almost 6 months.I tried talking to my whole family about my breast lump.My grandma said just because it's a lump doesn't mean it's cancer, then I talked to my mom and she said it's probally just a fat lump, then I talked to my dad he said the same then I talked to my friend josh and he said it's probally just a fat lump or a peice of cellulite.I just don't know anymore, it seems as soon as I get something cleared up something else goes wrong, and sometimes it seems like I purposly try to find things.Suicide has ben passing through my head alot today, Suicide and the tought that I might have cancer.I did research on brest cancer and I know it's usally a genetic disease and since i'm male I know I can get it but it's rare but even with that much i'm still scared shitless.I'm overweight, I weigh about 325 but since i'm really tall I look 280.I've ben working myself to the max at the gym for the past two weeks and i'm making progress but I don't know anymore.I just want to be normal, i'll be turning 16 tomorrow and I just want to spend the rest of my life like this.
Posts: 35 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coolestdesignz
Activist
Member # 18028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coolestdesignz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa, slow down there! Go talk to someone you trust. If you don't trust anyone, see a psychiatrist. You'll be OK! Happy B-Day!
Posts: 203 | From: Laguna Niguel, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off, there is nothing wrong with going to see your doctor when you have concerns. If you have concerns with a lump in your breast tissue, then make an appointment. Your doctor is there for you to go see when you have problems. They can run some tests or feel the lump and probably put your mind at ease. Getting yourself all worked up over nothing is not going to help you at all. Go see your doc. He or she is the only one trained to asset it.

That being said, let's address this depression issue. It is normal to feel blue once and awhile, everyone does. What isn't normal is these feelings of suicide that you are feeling. These feelings must be taken seriously. It is time you talked to your parents or another adult you trust. It is very important that you get help. If the adult you talked to does not get you professional help, then talked to another. Talk to your doctor about the way you are feeling. Otherwise you can present yourself to your local emergency room and tell them that you are feeling like you may hurt yourself. I promise you, they will make sure you get help. If you tell your doctor that you have feelings of hurting yourself, they will get you help. You just need to ask for it. Most cities have crisis lines you can call and talk about how you are feeling. They are open 24/7. Check your phonebook in the first few pages.

I cannot stress this enough! If you find yourself in an immediate crisis. Call the police or 911 (depending on your area).

There is help, you just need to ask for it hun.

Good luck

------------------
I want a tail mommy.

Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to add that there are several great medications on the market for the many anxiety disorders that exist. Sometimes it takes a little playing around with doses and different medications to find something that works. Talk to your doc about the way you are feeling to see if medications are right for you.

------------------
I want a tail mommy.

Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MNtomboy
Neophyte
Member # 18136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MNtomboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I just thought I'd post a little about myself. I'm almost 16 (girl) and I have had anxiety, depression, and minor ADD for 3 years now. Although I've never had thoughts of suicide, I really feel very lonely and like life is crap. I used to skip school a lot and it's only gotten worse, I have to go to an online school (which isn't even working out). I'm really depressed and lonely but I have a tiny bit of hope for the future, the only problem is getting through school. I've taken medicine for 2 years but nothings worked (which doesn't mean you shouldn't try, everyone reacts to stuff different) Just a few months ago I took medicine to help me sleep (I'm am insomniac too, isn't my life fun!) but it made me gain 25 pounds in 3 weeks! So now I'm trying to lose weight as well!

So now that I've bored you with my life story I guess what I'm saying is... I can't say your life will get better (or mine for that matter) it would be lying, but at least give it a chance! And remember your not alone in feeling like this, even if you don't really know other people like you personally!

You sound like a really sweet person! (wow, I think I use the word really too much) Oh and I have panic attacks, and a fear of every disease I hear of, so you're not alone in that either. I'm a metal illness machine,

Oh and one last thing (I promise it's the last) music is really good to listen to, I can't say it makes me feel less depressed, but it feels like maybe someone else understands what I'm going through. A lot of guys in the bands I listen to were depressed when they were in high school.

[This message has been edited by MNtomboy (edited 05-15-2004).]

Posts: 9 | From: Near St.Paul, MN | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.