Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Please support me...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please support me...
BiLLaBaBy017
Activist
Member # 6514

Icon 9 posted      Profile for BiLLaBaBy017     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My great grandma is 92 years old. She has congestive heart failure and it has spread to her kidneys, and her liver, and her doctors gave her 2 days to 2 weeks to live. I am very upset about this because I never got to see her much, and when I did see her, she did so much for me. She was an inspiration to me in many ways and I wish that I could have seen her more, but with the past problems I have have had, it has kept me from seeing her. I would have liked to see her more, but under the circumstances I wasn't able to. She has done a lot for me and now it is ashame to see her leave our family. It is very upsetting to me and my family that she is leaving us and it is very emotional to see an amazing person like herself go.

***I was wondering if everyone at Scarleteen could pray for me and my family in hopes that we can be strong for her when she passes. If you could support me and my family, that would wonderful just to know that people care.

Thank you in advance.

------------------
--B--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is mystery
Today is a gift

Posts: 294 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nmcowgirl87
Activist
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nmcowgirl87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm so sorry about your situation. It's always tough to see a loved one leave this world. I'll definitely be praying for you and your family as you face the difficult days ahead.

I don't know anything about your religion, and that's fine, but for me it's helpful to remember that death is just another part of life. People are born on this earth, they serve their purpose, and then, when the timing is right, they die. It's not always easy to see the big picture of things when your grieving or expecting a death, but it does help to take a step back and look at things with both your head and your heart.

Hold on to the things you love most about your grandma, and treasure the time you have left with her.

With Love, Tabitha

PS - I forgot to tell you that it's always ok to grieve for someone even before there gone. If you feel like it would help, find a private place and cry until you can't cry anymore, yell at God, do whatever it takes for you to grieve so that you can enjoy the time you have left with her.

Posts: 64 | From: Carlsbad, NM USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Billababy, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother and I hope that you and your family get all the strength and support they need in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, there's a few threads here that might be helpful for you to read through:

Death and Loss (It's a closed topic, but lots of good stuff in there still)

Losing a Loved One

Scared of Death (Not necessarily about death of a loved one, but how people think about death in general)

I hope these help you out some. Feel free to come back and vent or ask for more help, okay?

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BiLLaBaBy017
Activist
Member # 6514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BiLLaBaBy017     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I went to see my great grandma tonight around 7:45 and she didn't look good. Her eyes were open but she couldn't talk, and she was fighting really hard to breathe. About 5 minutes after I got there she passed. When I saw her heart stop beating, that's when my heart sank... and that's when I knew God had taken her. It was the most upsetting feeling I had ever felt before and all I could do was cry. I still continue to cry because I can't stop, no matter how hard I try to. I just can't get over the fact that she's gone, and I'll never be able to see her again. But at least now she is in a better place. I feel like my whole world has just ended because of her passing, and I don't have any idea what I can do about it. I don't know how I am going to be able to live my life the same again. There is always going to be this hole inside of me... she's not here anymore...

------------------
--B--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is mystery
Today is a gift

Posts: 294 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MNtomboy
Neophyte
Member # 18136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MNtomboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi (I'm from MN too)
My grandma (who I was really close to) died a few years ago from ALS, a really nasty disease that took 3 years to kill her. She died when she was only 63, and as I've never had many friends, she was like my closest friend. I would go to her house and talk to her every weekend, and she was really nice and funny. Anyway when she died I didn't cry at all. (It's weird because I cry at stupid things in movies and in books, but I never cried for my grandma.) It was very hard and I kept wanting to talk to her, but I couldn't. Anyway I'm just glad I'm pretty lucky. My friend found her mom dead one morning when she was in 3rd grade. Now that is horrible! Anyway, I just wanted to say sorry about your loss!

Posts: 9 | From: Near St.Paul, MN | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.