Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Feelings of Guilt -- don't know why!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feelings of Guilt -- don't know why!
jake16
Neophyte
Member # 10152

Icon 9 posted      Profile for jake16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there, I don't know if this is the right board for this. It's kind of a dumb problem but for some reason lately it's been getting me down. I've been feeling really guilty and depressed about teasing someone throughout primary and high school, and I'm in college right now. I never used to feel that way. I always felt bad that I had did it, but I've felt really terrible the last few days.

Basically it all started when someone pulled a prank on me a few days ago at college. It got me to thinking, "what did I do to anyone at college to deserve this prank?" The prank didn't really upset me, but I kept wondering if I had done something to somebody once. Then I started to think back earlier, and remembered teasing a guy throughout all my school years and I felt terrible that I had made his life harder than it had to be. So I guess what I am asking is how can I deal with these feelings of guilt and depression that have all of a sudden hit me..over things that happened almost six years ago! The thing is too, in our later high school years, we never bothered this person, and we all became pretty good friends. I haven't talked to him in three years, but things ended on a good note....However I still feel horrible about having been a jerk for so long. What can I do to deal with these feelings???!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Posts: 6 | From: Seattle | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DavidsFiance
Neophyte
Member # 17557

Icon 12 posted      Profile for DavidsFiance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Theres not much you can really do unless you know his where-abouts. And if you do then simply call, write or drive to him; what ever. Explain to him why you feel so horrible, and appologize. If the 2 of you ended on good terms, then you dont really have to worry about him blowing up in your face right? Good Luck.

------------------
Signed, Lover Gurl

Posts: 19 | From: HP | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.