Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » I'm SO screwed up!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm SO screwed up!!
Gothicgurlie
Activist
Member # 16336

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Gothicgurlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok,
I have been depressed for a while and Friday while I was in my drama class I just felt like I was really secluded and cut off from everyone. We also had a substitute teacher that has something to do with my story. But n-e way, I felt so bad for NO REASON AT ALL! Then I started to feel like my heart was deeply sinking in a world of disappiontment. So our sub we could do whatever we wanted in class so I got out of my CD player and I sat on the floor and just started crying. I was so afraid that I was going to start cutting myself again and started thinkin about all the things that would change because my brother was going off the college and I am the last born so I will be home all alone. I have no one else who quite understood m like my brother and I'm not really close to my sister who is 10 years older than me. I feel so lost. But while I was in class crying my eyes out feeling sorry for myself my classmates were getting into a fight with my closest friends thinking they were the reason why I was crying. See my friends play lots of jokes when they take my poetry book and hide it or read it. So they assumed that was the problem.
But it wasn't. So 2 of my classmates were fighting with them and 2 of my closest friends got slapped in the face and I just felt that it was all my fault for what happened. I think everything that happens is MY fault for letting it happen. If I would have just held it in none of this would've happend. I hate feeling the way I do. I have gotten to the point in my life b4 while I was cutting myself that I flirted with suicide or cut my self to the extent that I had to get stitches. How can I stop feeling this way?

Posts: 77 | From: Roanoke,Virginia, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
honeycombz
Neophyte
Member # 17082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for honeycombz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am no expert here, but I think that you have already done one of the most important things...you have asked for help. Is there anyone that you can talk to at home or school? Depression is a pretty hard thing to get though, and in that I do have some knowledge in as last year I was quite depressed and earlier in my life I had experience with attempted suicide...but I got the help I needed and pulled through it. Taking your own life and cutting yourself, these things will not help you and will not make you feel better. My ICQ number is on my profile, send a message if you need to talk
Posts: 15 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
juggalette420
Neophyte
Member # 17591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for juggalette420     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HEY
I KNOW HOW U FEEL i am always depressed email or post back
juggalette

Posts: 4 | From: ringgold, ga,usa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is time you told someone (other than us) that you need help.

You can talk to your parents, a teacher, your doctor, an adult friend, anyone. What is important is that you seek help.

You doc is always your best ally when it comes to any aspect of your health, beit mental or physical. You doctor is legally obliged to get you help, to get you a therapist, give you some medication, ect...

You need to tell your parents what you are feeling and what you need. Tell them that you need help, that you have thoughts of hurting yourself. I am sure your parents will help you to get help.

When in doubt, an emergency room is always a good place to get some help. If you present yourself to the emergency room and say, "I have thoughts of hurting myself, I feel overwhelmed, I need help" I guarantee they will get you help. Every emergency department as a psychiatrist on call who can talk to you, and help you to get more permanent help.

I always say this, and it bares repeating every single time:

If you find yourself in need of immediate help call the police (or an ambulance if you have hurt yourself), a suicide hotline in your area, or present yourself the emergency room.

There is lots of help out there for you my dear. You just need to ask for it. Talk to your parents and your doc.

Good luck

------------------
I got accepted into not only 1 but 2 master's in audiology programs! Woo hoo!! I am gonna be an Audiologist!!!

Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.